Abu Musab al-Zarqawi Nailed

About time. I'm only saddened that we weren't able to capture him and let him rot in a cell with no chance of ever dying a martyr. Hopefully his death insipres no one over there.

Personaly, I'm kinda of split on taken alive or dead. Unless they could put him in a prison for comedians gone bad where he would spend the rest of his lving days behing bars listening to bad comedy routines, just the thought of stand up night in the mess hall brrrrrr, I don't think it would be worth it. Best to have done with him and deal with the consequences of it. In fact, either way one is pooped on this issue. Take him alive and his followers would stop at nothing doing things to force his release or kill him and you make him a martyr and his followers will stop at nothing to join him. Nutters I tell you just simply nutters.

Nah, never a good idea to kill one of your enemies leaders. Makes them a martyr every time.

The best solution is to capture him (or her) throw him in a cell, and leave him there for 15 years... by that point people have forgotten about him, and thats when you execute him.

Brutal, but it works.

Sounds like Zarqawi was still alive when the troops got to him, but died on the way back. Shame... sure we could have gotten enough intel to effectivly pick apart the whole operation had he lived.

I'm pretty sure his organization will gradually collapse and become less relevant. there are like 14 more organizations operating from what I hear... most of the Insurgency is home-grown by all accounts. Foreign fighters such as Zarqawi make up a very small percentage.

I'm guessing Shia rabble-rousers are the primary means of recruiting.