President Uses "Bad" Word

Umm, no, YOU'RE missing the "point". The "point" you are trying to make is far different than the "point" that CNN was trying to make, considering the headline of the story, and that the story was informative and not an editorial as your "point" was.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by JUDGExKTF:

I think your missing the point. The point is not that bush said the word shit. The point is that the remark "See the irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it's over." is quite naieve. If hitler hadn't invaded half the world there wouldn't have been a world war. Duh....

They have been fighting for so long in the middle east that this is no longer a conflict between countries over a piece of land. Its personal. People are fighting because everybody has lost a relative or friend. They just want to hurt each other.

Thats why, unless we build a really big wall arround Israel and keep them separeted for at least three generations there is NEVER going to be peace in that region.

No your missing the point this topic is about CNN considering Bush use of the word "shit" as news worthy nothing more.

I'm sure there is already topic open here where your opinion on the middle east would have fit and been welcome instead of highjacking this one.

quote:

quote:

No your missing the point this topic is about CNN considering Bush use of the word "shit" as news worthy nothing more.

Now your missing my point Its simple; Its not about the word "shit", but about the sheer stupidity of the remark. This shows how dumb the guy really is.

I'm not a huge Bush fan, but what does that say about the Democrats who have lost ground to him twice?

Or of his higher GPA than intellectual John Kerry?

It is quite possible that the incident was orchestrated in order to allow Americans to see him as the good ol boy regular joe who just happens to have degrees from both Yale and Harvard and be a former oil Tycoon and to have owned the Texas Rangers at one point.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Now your missing my point Its simple; Its not about the word "shit", but about the sheer stupidity of the remark.

Thats not even close to what you posted above, nice save though.

quote:

Being a sucesfull business man doesn't make you a good world leader. Besides the people who surround him like Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz (while I'm not a fan of them) DO have brains.

Part of being an effective leader is to surround yourself with the right people.

Furthermore, why is it that lefties always consider Bush to be "stupid" and then try to say that he was smart enough to win 2 elections, orchestrate 9/11, etc?

I think your ilk simply want to insult the president regardless of how inconsistant said insults are...

People consider bush 'stupid' because he's not very articulate. The Decider has undoubtedly said some of the 'stupidest' things of any President in modern history.

I don't think he's stupid, but he often comes across that way.

quote:

quote:

Now your missing my point Its simple; Its not about the word "shit", but about the sheer stupidity of the remark. This shows how dumb the guy really is.

And... where were you when Clinton used the "F" word? Along with "B" word? Uh huh.. thats what I thought

CNN (The COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK) needs to get a life and stop trying to down-grade the president, seriously, they are just contributing the on-going ethnic problems here in the US....

quote:

Posted by SILK:

It is quite possible that the incident was orchestrated ...

I believe this is exactly what happened. There was a similar case at a campaign rally when Bush was running in 2000. He called a reporter from the NYT (I think) a "grade-A @$$hole".

People in this country believe strongly in a person's right to privacy, even the President's. This is one of the biggest reasons Clinton was largely given a pass by the American public for his perjury - it was pertaining to a very personal subject.

Bush is a lot smarter than most people think - he's just not that good at improv speaking. Actually, he's awful at it. However he is smart enough to utilize things like this to his advantage; in this case to say stuff without really "saying" it officially.

His approval rating will probably go up.

Orchestrated?

That would mean that Rove or someone thought it would be a good idea to catch him saying shit in a candid moment and that would somehow increase his appeal to a certain portion of the population.

Then convince the naive, leftist, American hating CNN executives that running it as a top story would allow them to put another check in the win column for their efforts to destroy America.

Very sinister indeed.

It was a mistake, it doesn't matter to any rational person and the world has bigger things to worry about right now.