Oliver Stone: 'I'm ashamed for my country'

CNN: Oliver Stone: 'I'm ashamed for my country'

quote:

SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain (AP) -- Filmmaker Oliver Stone blasted President George W. Bush Thursday, saying he has "set America back 10 years."

Stone added that he is "ashamed for my country" over the war in Iraq and the U.S. policies in response to the attacks of September 11.

I'm sorry Mr. Stone but I disagree with you. Things couldn't have gotten any better these past few years than in the past 10 as you say. Pretty much all diplomatic relations with all the countries are unchanged. In fact there are a few countries that our diplomatic ties has strengthened such as Pakistan and afghanistan. Who'd have thought. The American economy is also stronger than it was 10 years ago even with all that is going on. Even if Iraq turns into a disaster (which it won't), it still sends a powerful message to the entire world: "Don't mess with us or this too will happen to you"

Anyway, Let's see, Clinton was in office 10 years ago which means that, as you suggest, we are back in the Clinton era in terms of global and domestic political policy and economy. So I don't know what you mean by being set back 10 years. Is this some sort of diss on Clinton. I'm sure he'd have something to say about that and his legacy. Not a very nice thing to do to your democratic poster boy.

Good thing there are more people who stand up and are proud of our country than those who are ashamed. Sadly, you will never see much of the proud american on the liberal media.