Kerry Sorry for 'Stuck in Iraq' Remarks

Uh huh...

And this come's from someone who betrayed his people back in the Vietnam War.... he really shouldn't TALK at all..

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061102/D8L4LFD80.html

quote:

Nov 1, 9:27 PM (ET)

By DAVID ESPO

WASHINGTON (AP) - Fearful of damaging his own party in next week's elections, Sen. John Kerry apologized Wednesday to "any service member, family member or American" offended by remarks deemed by Republicans and Democrats to be insulting to U.S. forces in Iraq.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Uh huh...

And this come's from someone who betrayed his people back in the Vietnam War

uhm, isn't that stretching it just a tad?

Anyway, he's right. If you don't want to be drafted (or end up in) into a pointless war, go to college. Simple enough I think.

I have no clue what he's apologizing for because he's right. I can understand it if people were dying over there in a quest that had anything to do with us. The fact is, the war was pointless, waged based on lies etc. Saddamn was out a while back and has already been proven without a shadow of a doubt that he had nothing to do with 911.

I'm not siding with the Democrats or Republicans over this farcical war. The point is, thus far, I don't see any shred of evidence that Saddamn's removal has done any good, nor any shred of evidence that the war was a justified one. Heck we might as well go and nuke South Korea since they're the ones testing nukes. But no, with them, we get to 'chat', bend to blackmail etc. Kim Jung Il is now a bigger threat than Saddam ever was. And don't get me started on Iran.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Anyway, he's right. If you don't want to be drafted (or end up in) into a pointless war, go to college. Simple enough I think.

Actually, I find it's a bit more complicated than the way Kerry put it. You'd have to examine the social economic reasons why that's true. I know a lot of people use the military as stepping stone to get to college. Either because they don't have the funds nor the family to afford college. Then you'd have to examine what is the cause of this. Then you have the people that go into the military because there are no other opportunities for them in the civil arena. Then you just have the people who just plain drop out of high school for one reason or another.

quote:

I have no clue what he's apologizing for because he's right.

He's not right in any way, shape, or form. You're not "stuck" into going into the military if you do not do well in school (which is what he SAID). In fact, the military probably won't even take you under those circumstances.

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

quote:

I have no clue what he's apologizing for because he's right.

He's not right in any way, shape, or form. You're not "stuck" into going into the military if you do not do well in school (which is what he SAID). In fact, the military probably won't even take you under those circumstances.

You're right. I'm pretty sure the military has gotten pretty tough in that respect.

To get into the military in America you only need to pass the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery).

Passing that test doesn't mean you're intelligent. It only shows that you at least learned the basics in school.

Recruiters can and will fudge your score if you fail it.Or let you take it until you do pass it.

Due to the fact that recruiters have a quota to meet, and the members of the Professional Liars Club will do anything to meet or surpass that quota.

Now, we all know full well that Senator Kerry is a bloody idiot.

If I were the chairman of the Democrapic party, I'd kick Mr Kerry out poste haste.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

To get into the military in America you only need to pass the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery).

Passing that test doesn't mean you're intelligent. It only shows that you at least learned the basics in school.

Recruiters can and will fudge your score if you fail it.Or let you take it until you do pass it.

Due to the fact that recruiters have a quota to meet, and the members of the Professional Liars Club will do anything to meet or surpass that quota.

If I were the chairman of the Democrapic party, I'd kick Mr Kerry out poste haste.

First of all, "learning the basics in school" is a decent accomplishment considering the scholastic level of this country, and probably qualifies you as one of the smarter kids out of high school.

Secondly, in order to take the ASVAB you need either a high school diploma or GED - which also means you're a tad above a good portion of this nation's students.

Finally, just because some idiots can get in, doesn't in ANY WAY that there are a large number of idiot members of our armed forces. Certainly, not enough to qualify Kerry's generalized comments.

In case you haven't been paying ANY attention whatsoever, today's military is more of a TECHNICAL field than a "grunt" job. Most of our military members are probably more technically astute than 95% of the rest of the nation...

Smart people can pass an easy test too, mind you - oh, and almost ANYONE can learn.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Have you ever taken the ASVAB?

I did, and aced ths OB, I had my pick of any MOS I wanted, the fact is, even if your an idiot, you can make a great infantry 11B. Even 11B now is technical as I will get out, the modern equipment for infantry is unbelievable. And anyone can really learn, the way the military does it anyway.

Anything in the military now, you gotta have a brain, the technical aspects of the military now are just incredible.

My old MOS 31V10, communications tech, has now been taken over by a new MOS, 31Z, and it includes, fiber optic systems, full secure wireless networking, telephone cabling and network setup, secure satelite interlink and mobile satelite systems, frequency hopping radios, FM AM HF, VHF UHF, LF, and just about anything else you can think of.

Just that MOS alone, has the knowledge to do about 30 different civilian hightech jobs, and they are in school for it, for over 6 months.

THAT IS JUST ONE, of the technical MOS's in the military, there are over 200 I believe.

Kerry is a fricking idiot, and wouldn't be able to get a job as cannon fodder in our modern military.

Have I ever taken the ASVAB?

LOL four times. Each time I scored in the top ten percentile. After the first sitting(finished the test under the alloted time) I was offered the Nuclear Technician MOS in the Navy. But I was turned down because of asthma. I guess it wouldn't have been good to be wheezing on a Nuclear powered sub that was running silent.

Funny thing is, at that time, I hadn't had an attack since I was fourteen. Thier rule of thumb was no asthma attacks for five years prior to your eighteenth birthday. Oh, they could find Kerry a job....69 Foxtrot. Also known as range target.

FYI: I was a 62-Echo(aka: 62 everything) with a secondary 54-Bravo so, nose down Jag

Voli0

While I might just be misinterpreting your reply, I would kindly suggest that you not accuse our military of having soldiers who just join for the money, there are a lot more who join for college and to make the military a career for them.

In case you clearly forgot there are other branches of the military that do not revolve around fighting.

And Voli0, that first line text kind of kills your arguement:

If you where uneducated, you wouldn't know what proud means, because you wouldn't know how to READ or WRITE, further more, being uneducated, you wouldn't know the first thing about right or wrong, so you wouldn't know weather killing someone was a good idea or not.

Example:

Just take a look at the bad area's of your town where you have children who are not in school yet have guns, those children are mostly uneducated and rarely know how to speak the language or how to write. Due to that they don't even know wheather there actions are good or not and being uneducated, they wouldn't know wheather they would be proud of themselves or disappointed or weather this was right or wrong.

quote:

Originally posted by Voli0:

I'd rather starve and remain uneducated than take up arms and go kill people. I wouldn't be very proud to say that I kill people for money.

-v

It's amazing that the people who take up arms and "kill people" are the people who fought and died to grant you the rights to spew such rubbish as that unappreciative post.

I guess all of human history must have passed you by and not allowed you to understand that the freedoms you CLEARLY take for granted are not there "just because".

People fought and killed and died for it.

Oh, and they got paid what amounts to a pittance for it.

I think it proves my points I've been making like 100x over that the GOP has to run on Kerry's remarks.

Neither party deserves to win... but one is going to.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

I think it proves my points I've been making like 100x over that the GOP has to run on Kerry's remarks.

Neither party deserves to win... but one is going to.

The fact that the perception is that the GOP has to run on Kerry's remarks proves how flimsy the Democrat platform is.

The GOP is only in trouble because they've alienated their base by trying to be more like DEMOCRATS...

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Voli0

While I might just be misinterpreting your reply, I would kindly suggest that you not accuse our military of having soldiers who just join for the money, there are a lot more who join for college and to make the military a career for them.

In case you clearly forgot there are other branches of the military that do not revolve around fighting.

And Voli0, that first line text kind of kills your arguement:

If you where uneducated, you wouldn't know what proud means, because you wouldn't know how to READ or WRITE, further more, being uneducated, you wouldn't know the first thing about right or wrong, so you wouldn't know weather killing someone was a good idea or not.

Example:

Just take a look at the bad area's of your town where you have children who are not in school yet have guns, those children are mostly uneducated and rarely know how to speak the language or how to write. Due to that they don't even know wheather there actions are good or not and being uneducated, they wouldn't know wheather they would be proud of themselves or disappointed or weather this was right or wrong.

I was referring to the statement that was said out loud here previously, that many ppl uses military service as stepping stones to fund their education. Well, there's also work on McDonalds... What comes to the non-violent posts in army, doesen't they all still exist to support this system of violence?

quote:

quote:

I'd rather starve and remain uneducated than take up arms and go kill people. I wouldn't be very proud to say that I kill people for money.

-v

It's amazing that the people who take up arms and "kill people" are the people who fought and died to grant you the rights to spew such rubbish as that unappreciative post.

I guess all of human history must have passed you by and not allowed you to understand that the freedoms you CLEARLY take for granted are not there "just because".

People fought and killed and died for it.

Oh, and they got paid what amounts to a pittance for it.

Well, history is as it is. There's no way that I could've affected in it, so what should I be grateful for? Should I accept killing because it may have prevented more serious crimes? Should I accept it just because it has happened before? I wonder how many soldiers are soldiers because of its 'nobility', and not because of money and pure barbarism? In my opinion, justifying killing with 'noble purposes' of liberation or freedom is just another way to make one capable to live with it. All excuses. I wonder if we'll fight fire with fire 'till we all burn?

-v

[ 11-07-2006, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Voli0 ]

quote:

Well, history is as it is. There's no way that I could've affected in it, so what should I be grateful for? Should I accept killing because it may have prevented more serious crimes? Should I accept it just because it has happened before? I wonder how many soldiers are soldiers because of its 'nobility', and not because of money and pure barbarism? In my opinion, justifying killing with 'noble purposes' of liberation or freedom is just another way to make one capable to live with it. All excuses. I wonder if we'll fight fire with fire 'till we all burn?

So, in your opinion your freedom to speak openly and detract from authority isn't noble enough to fight for?

Someone fought for that, even though you don't appreciate it. In fact, your callous dismissal of that fact leads me to believe that you should either simply shut up (because you don't evidently believe you should have the right to speak) or be casually disregarded.

You want to know why your utopian ideas will never catch on? How on earth are people going to trust those like you to lead us into the future if you can't appreciate the past?

quote:

If you would know more about the true past, you wouldn't be so optimistic about it. Its full of dark and bloody things, and it would be about time to step out of that road.

-v

Umm, actually, I'm an avid student of history. While I'm not quite sure what you mean about this so-called "true past" of yours, I do agree that it was chock full of dark and bloody things.

Far moreso than today is.

Yet another benefit of people fighting and dying for good causes. But I'm sure you probably don't grasp that concept...

quote:

Umm, actually, I'm an avid student of history. While I'm not quite sure what you mean about this so-called "true past" of yours, I do agree that it was chock full of dark and bloody things.

Far moreso than today is.

Yet another benefit of people fighting and dying for good causes. But I'm sure you probably don't grasp that concept...

By its nature, history is something that cannot be researched explicitly, like we can do research on most natural sciences. Of course, the results of historical events are to be seen to everyone, but the true events leading in results often remains elusive. History research is merely making assumptions, some based on better documentary, some worse. You should know all that if you're history student. And thats also why I make a distinction between true past and history.

-v

quote:

By its nature, history is something that cannot be researched explicitly, like we can do research on most natural sciences. Of course, the results of historical events are to be seen to everyone, but the true events leading in results often remains elusive. History research is merely making assumptions, some based on better documentary, some worse. You should know all that if you're history student. And thats also why I make a distinction between true past and history.

This is total gobbledegook, and has nothing to do with the point of the discussion.

It's a sign that you really don't have nowhere else to go.

Realistically, while history may be written by the victor, there are ways of dilleneating historical facts and theories. We all know for a FACT that certain events happened, and that they led to other events. This would include CONFLICT TO SECURE FREEDOM.

Seriously, you're not going to confuse myself or the issue by attempting to muddy historical minutae to the point where we don't even know what we're talking about anymore.

The fact is that people fought for YOUR freedoms.

The fact is that you don't appreciate it.

The fact is, it's a shame that you shamelessly exercise the freedoms that, by extension, you don't believe you should have.

Whatever. I made my point on my first post on this thread. Joining army knowing that you'll end up killing people outbroads and get paid for it is just wrong IMO.

You know when I was younger, I went into military, ended up as sergeant. I did it because I'm ready to defend my country against possible invaders. But I would never ever enter another country in purpose of invasion, no matter what the pretext is. Do you really think that "liberation" of Iraqi people is the real purpose behind Iraq war? I'd rather say that it was because of liberation of resources, or why previous governments of yours never cared about humanitarian issues in Iraq or elsewhere.

I can't but agree with Kerry on this matter, rather educate yourself than go invading foreign countries.

-v

quote:

Whatever. I made my point on my first post on this thread. Joining army knowing that you'll end up killing people outbroads and get paid for it is just wrong IMO.

You know when I was younger, I went into military, ended up as sergeant. I did it because I'm ready to defend my country against possible invaders. But I would never ever enter another country in purpose of invasion, no matter what the pretext is. Do you really think that "liberation" of Iraqi people is the real purpose behind Iraq war? I'd rather say that it was because of liberation of resources, or why previous governments of yours never cared about humanitarian issues in Iraq or elsewhere.

I can't but agree with Kerry on this matter, rather educate yourself than go invading foreign countries.

-v

OK, so where's the oil?

If it was liberation of resources, WHERE IS IT!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

OK, so where's the oil?

If it was liberation of resources, WHERE IS IT!!!!

LoL, I have no slightest idea, but I'd guess its still on the road since the war didn't go according the plan? Again, this is just blindshooting without any evidence, but how to explain those decreased unemployment rates that Bush was advertising? Are those perhaps because of war? Jobs in military or directly connected in it?

I was again bit inaccurate when I mentioned resources, I also meant that it was for ensuring US economic growth.

-v