Talk about a back stabbing

HELENA, Mont. - A Montana state senator has officially changed his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat, breaking a tie to give his new party a 26-24 advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

State Sen. Sam Kitzenberg filed the paperwork at the secretary of state's office on Friday.

He said he had been thinking about switching parties for about 12 years and made the decision at the suggestion of Democratic state Sen. Mike Cooney, who contacted him after the Nov. 7 election put both parties on an even footing.

"He called and said 'Guess what? It's tied. I know you've mentioned changing parties in the past, and now is the time,'" Kitzenberg said.

This should only be allowed pre election as Lieberman did.

quote:

This should only be allowed pre election as Lieberman did.

Look, I know where you're coming from and I think the guy's a snake ... however ...

...considering that an elected politician can vote however he wishes on any issue, what would be the point of not allowing someone to change parties? Say he stayed Republican and voted everything Democrat... what would be the difference?

We both know that it would be a shame to only allow votes to be along party lines so there is no real solution to this problem...

...except the ballot box.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I hope the republican party asks for all the money back they made available for his republican campaign.

True dat.

Unfortunately, however, it's called the "cost of doing business".

The funny thing is, though, that this guy probably received hardly anything in the first place...

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I hope the republican party asks for all the money back they made available for his republican campaign.

True dat.

Unfortunately, however, it's called the "cost of doing business".

The funny thing is, though, that this guy probably received hardly anything in the first place...

Probably. I really didn't pay attention this time around where the parties dumped their money. Except for NY here and they didn't help at all.

quote:

Originally posted by stingray:

Don't worry guys, someday it's going to be cool again to be republican. You can count on the democrats to foul things up.

Bah, when the Republicans were in power they screwed things up pretty good all by their lonesome, I am sure the Dem's are going to do it even more spectacularly, but for some reason I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot of talk and no action on their part.

This is going to be an interesting 2 years.

quote:

Don't worry guys, someday it's going to be cool again to be republican. You can count on the democrats to foul things up.

I just have feeling that it'll be just as stingray stated. Because dems will have to fix the mess that the reps have caused, and thats not popular.

-v

quote:

Originally posted by Voli0:

quote:

I just have feeling that it'll be just as stingray stated. Because dems will have to fix the mess that the reps have caused, and thats not popular.

-v

I'm trying to figure out what fantasy land you live in.

The Dem's won't fix anything, the Republicans, to put it bluntly have been acting like Democrats, spend, spend, spend.

This was a 2X4 up the sides of the heads of the Republicans to CUT IT OUT!!!

• 1 month later...

I am going to subscribe to Harlan Ellison's "94% percent of everything is crap" theory and say that 6% percent of the elected officials on both sides of the aisle are effective and the rest a turds ripe for the flushing. I fed up with the lot of them.