UCLA student tasered

Here is the video of the incident. It is still under investigation. This http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/20/1448245

is the inital report of what happened. I shorten the link if I could and put it so you would just have to click on the word to take you to the page but I don't know how to do that if someone could please tell me.

Yeah well. Thats sad event. I'm sure there was better alternative than tasering him.

Here's

but this is Finland and its not university student. Two shopping mall guards beat a dude for some. (requires youtube-registration due the violence in the video).

-v

PS. Marine, you can make shorter links with the 'URL'-button in the full edit form. Just paste the URL in the first question window and the link's displayname on the other.

Did you not watch the video?

The guy is not LISTENING and ABIDING. Tasering is the least they should've done. If people don't abide the law officers there would be chaos.

As far as your better alternative goes. Don't just say "I am sure there was a better alternative". PRESENT your better alternative of how to get a moron to comply.

What you think the cops just showed up there for no reason and started tasering and dragging the guy out? Did you not read the link? They asked him for ID, he didn't show it. They ASKED him to leave. He refused. So they cuffed him, he dropped down on the floor. They told him to stand up, he wouldn't. So they tasered him to try and get him to obbey. Which obviously WORKED.

The only reason this story is even getting attention is because this guy is Iranian (looks middle eastern).

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

As far as your better alternative goes. Don't just say "I am sure there was a better alternative". PRESENT your better alternative of how to get a moron to comply.

I missed you! Where have you been?

Well, they've could just move that guy out of there. After all, he was cuffed, so they should've been to able remove him quite easily without tasering.

-v

quote:

Originally posted by Voli0:

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

I missed you! Where have you been?

Well, they've could just move that guy out of there. After all, he was cuffed, so they should've been to able remove him quite easily without tasering.

-v

Well you would think that would work in a perfect world but don't believe the hype. I've seen perps still act like complete morons even cuffed. I'd say the best humane way of dealing with any unruly person is to tranq gun them. It's done all the time to other animals. They'd get a good sleep too.

Guest Grayfox

anything is better than pepper spray in the face (with a chance of hitting other officers/ civillians), a beanbag round to the neck, or a general beating. there really is no "best" answer to that situation with all those people around. pepper spray is definitely out, beanbags are out as well cause if you miss they might ricochet off into the crowd, and beating him down (while being personally satisfying) is out of the question.

the kid was a drama queen, screaming and carrying on BEFORE they cuffed him. he was just trying to draw attention to himself in hopes the cops would back down... nothing like some wannabe know it all college punk trying to test his salt. well the cops called his bluff, and when he seen that they did, it was too late for him to "just leave". again, no best way other than either manhandling the kid or tasering him. after the tasering, the cops gave him every option to comply again and he didnt so he got hit again. guarantee if he was by himself, without that group of people around, he would of just got up and left when he was told to and without having to be tasered, but noooo hes gotta try to impress people and be a drama queen by screaming at the top of his lungs inside the quietest building on campus mr big bad college kid making the cops back down... now hes gonna be a martyr in the eyes of the student body...

my personal thought... the little punk got what he deserved and hes lucky they didnt rodney king his ass

ill defer to this video http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2458063?htv=12 to educate the masses on how to act with the police

Why the hell do certain people always feel the need to defend the "crook"? Is there some underlying issue surrounding "authority" that somehow makes every decision they make the wrong one?

It's amazing how the people who continuously criticize the authorities have no idea what it's like to actually walk in their shoes...

Oh, and he was TASERED, not SHOT. Is the need to protest authority so deep that even HUMANE methods of restraint are not acceptable?

quote:

Originally posted by aramike:

Why the hell do certain people always feel the need to defend the "crook"? Is there some underlying issue surrounding "authority" that somehow makes every decision they make the wrong one?

It's amazing how the people who continuously criticize the authorities have no idea what it's like to actually walk in their shoes...

Oh, and he was TASERED, not SHOT. Is the need to protest authority so deep that even HUMANE methods of restraint are not acceptable?

Are you blaming me of being humane or idiot? or both?

-v