ACLU Sues Texas Town for Not Renting to Illegals

Kalshion

ACLU Sues Texas Town for Not Renting to Illegals

quote:

Two civil rights groups filed a lawsuit Tuesday challenging a suburb's new law that outlaws renting to illegal immigrants, alleging the ordinance violates federal law and forces landlords to act as immigration officers.

If the immigration department won't do there job then perhaps it's about time people DO take matters into they're own hands.

Even so, the ACLU need's to stop protecting ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (Illegal = Criminals = those violating the law) I figured the ACLU was full of a bunch of grade school drop outs but this is getting real rediculous.

As illegal's what rights do they have under our constitution? I meando miranda rights even apply to them? how can you sue about something if you aren't entitled to it in the first place?

They have officially went too far this time. It is idiotic , frivilous law suits like this that make people wonder about ALL liberals. I would guess I am not the ONLY progressive that has had it up to here with an organization that has not been in touch with the mainstream for decades and is one of the most devisive forces in America

I guess they have forgotten what thier name stands for.

If they aren't legal Americans then they have no civil liberties, or rights of any kind in this country, as far as I'm concerned.

Who's going to jump on that bandwagon next?....

Amnesty International?

PS: They do have one right. The right to remain silent prior to thier deportation.

They could just do what thier peers do right across the border and get themselves one of those nifty 53' Fruehauf apartments.

Besides Stingray, If they have no place to live, they can't work here. That's the whole gist of that ordinance. Just like the one here in Hazelton. Which has also been stopped in it's tracks by the illustrious ACLU.

Personally, I'm prepping the torches and the pitchforks. If these organizations can't see the reasoning for taking matters into our own hands, we can certainly persuade them with aggressive negotiation.

I'm waiting to see how these lawsuits turn out. I don't think any elected judge in his right mind would even try these cases.

Our constitution protects the legal citizens of this country. Not squatters.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

If they have no place to live, they can't work here. That's the whole gist of that ordinance.

That's very cool in theory, the problem is, this doesn't work in reality because it counts on the cooperation of both sides, employer and employee, landlord and tenant.

I don't know if you've noticed just because it's illegal for thugs to own guns, they sure as hell have no problems getting them anyway.

You won't solve the illegal immigration problem by stopping those who earn money illegally at some place by prohibiting them from spending it there. Don't you think that those who allow them to work illegally will have ways to give them a place to spend the night?

No law will work when faced with the desperation of those it's supposed to affect. The word carries no weight in front of an empty stomach.