McCain/Obama '08

I have been thinking about this and just like the fictional election on the West Wing , where the Democratic President elect nominates the centrist republican he defeated in the general election as his VP after his running mate dies, seems the way to go. I am only half joking here and expect to get lambasted.

This country is becoming more polorized each day, but strange as it seems the vast majority of people here are centrist and probably dont even know it. When you throw out a few hot button issues, you would be suprised how much people agree.

I am inpressed by Sen Obama not because of our common racial background or political party, but because when he speaks, I see a person of priciples who refuses to vote straight down the line. He has consistently chided Dems for not embracing thier religiosity,for not acting to support families, and for not being economically pragmatic

I have always admired John McCain and have pissed off many of my friends when I pledged my vote to him if he ran against Hilary Clinton. I am a progressive, but Clinton is too much of a politician, and this country doesnt need another one of them. We need leadership, that can work both sides of the floor and not be afraid to solve problems without being concerned about partisan politics. Conscience is not limited to one or the other party, and it is high time someone elevated the rhetoric and adressed the real problems this country faces.

Just think how an election would procede if we didnt have to get hung up on the party line, and candidates would HAVE to discuss relavent topics and ditch the dog and pony show that American elections have become.