Cheap Dial-up ISP's vs. Brand Name ISP's

I live in the boonies, and the only option for broadband is a satellite dish. That option is too expensive so I am stuck with a dial-up.

Lately, I have seen commercials for DSL-lite for $29.95 and was thinking that wasn't to far off from what my dial-up was costing. Aol now charges $23.90 and EarthLink is $21.95. This is pocket change for most people, but I am a little thrifty, and can remember when dial-up used to cost only $19.95.

I recently started looking at the low cost and even free dial-up ISP's. As far as the freebies, read the fine print. It is either ad-supported, no features, special software required, and the tech support is usually not free either. Most of the low-cost ISP's are the same way. I was thinking about using Net-zero, but it required special software, and I was not ready to give-up on newsgroups, and live one-on-one tech support is $1.95 per minute.

Well, I was starting to think that you get what you pay for. There are no quality low priced ISP's around. So one day I was goofing off and I just typed www.isp.com in my browser. And behold, I could not believe what I was reading. There is an internet service provider called ISP. Go figure.

Anyway, they provide all the services that a brand name provider does. (5 email accounts, 10 MB personal web space, unlimited usages, thousands of phone numbers, newsgroups, and free tech support) And the price tag was only $8.95. I have been using for a month and a half now, and I have not had any complaints about it.

I am not trying to sell anything, but if you are stuck with dial-up like I am then check this out for yourself.

www.isp.com