Tech DoomsDay?

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_4583.html

End of the world as we know it?

What did I tell you guys wink.gif, remember?

Opps..I'm sorry I just woke up. Please move this topic to the general discussion fourm frown.gif. Sorry....

[This message has been edited by SpacePhish (edited 03-20-2000).]

looks like intel pIII1Ghz is gonna fly on BCM!

------------------

CMDR Ice

GVC-U.S.S. Ice Beam

"It is the year 3000 and it is a time of unstability a time of war and as the Commander of the GVC-U.S.S. Ice Beam I will make sure that if u get in my way I will take no prisoners, have no mercey and leave nothing standing!!"

Well let me clear some things up smile.gif

The orginal link pointed to an article regarding super *thinking* computers. They say in 30 years computer will be capble of processing enough caculations per sec just like the human brain. Combined with nano and robotic tech computers will rule the world if we humans are not careful. Imagine one day when *suddenly* the computer controlling nano bots became *aware* and decides to reproudce massivly, some say the human race will be destroyed...

It could happen... smile.gifLOL can't wait! I'm sick and tired of living anyway smile.gif, maybe the computer can assimliate me and I can become one of them smile.gif NOT....hell no...

hey 'phish do u have an icq??

i never see u on aol

------------------

CMDR Ice

GVC-U.S.S. Ice Beam

"It is the year 3000 and it is a time of unstability a time of war and as the Commander of the GVC-U.S.S. Ice Beam I will make sure that if u get in my way I will take no prisoners, have no mercey and leave nothing standing!!"

Y'know, I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between screaming, fainting, or cheering if SHODAN's ugly face pops up on my PC one of these days.. smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"I took this job because I just really love to blow sh*t up!"