Flying Saucers a Reality?

It speaks about ION drives which I remember reading something about where a stream of ION particles using very little energy could propel a craft at a constant speed through space fast enough to make it to another planet. Not sure though - not much point in a 100FT spacecraft in terms of cargo delivery, etc. Alternation of design would need to be attempted to make it look bad-ass also... that looks too wimpy. We need to put some bull horns on the front and maybe a couple big-ass laser cannons...

LOL

You'd love for it to say MK III on the side, eh?

If you dig further into the theory of the craft, Which reads like a college electronics book, You will find that they are attempting to build a drive that will open a quantum singularity and hold it open long enough to propel the ship through it to some distant point.

And they also take into account the Einstein-Rosen bridge effect on the ship itself and the relative layout of the drive components which are based on a very simple theory that was first demonstrated by Faraday and which fell into the blackness of times past because someone else came up with another idea that was more readily embraced by mankind.

And all we got out of that turn of events was expensive electricity, dependence on fossil fuels and acid rain.

Thank you Mr Edison and the scum that backed you

Oh, let me add, it isn't ions that will propel the craft. More like electrons accelerated close to light speed.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

We need to put some bull horns on the front and maybe a couple big-ass laser cannons...

LOL

BTW nice article.Always feel good to see humanity can develope ideas wich are not based in killing something.One step more done in the long way to explore the stars and beyond,were no probe has been before...

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Is any of that for real?

As an Electron Tech It looks real enough to me from the mathematical side and the components side. The theory is sound and one I had been mulling over for years after reading numerous similar accounts of close encounters with UFO's.

I think these guys just might pull it off if they can get the money to back them.

Isn't it odd coincidence that the company name happens to be Archer Enterprises?

"Captain Archer, Come on down! You've been selected as commander of the first FTL space vessel."