Jobs for we Commanders?

Bandus

The best place to put defensive, (or offensive for that matter) Missiles is in orbit, that is why everyone tells everyone else not to do it.

I find it rather amusing, if you think that we don't have space based weapons platforms of some sort, I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya!! LOL

Anyway, going and building a moonbase is one of the BEST things we could do, we need to get humans offworld, so that when we destroy the earth, the entire human race isn't destroyed along with it. Yes, I am an optimist!!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

just think... what if the moon transformed into a giant robot( a robot in disquise) and punched earth lol

no but seriously i think this will be great for he space program and now would be an ideal time to become an astronaught... in theory at least

i think xor is right, i have the hard cover book called "star wars" refering to what you guys mentioned

it also mentioned the f15 eagle could reach high altitudes, like near orbit to shoot down threat missles or something, id have to look at it again.

There have been a number of projects. You can read about some of them at Science Daily. You can also find a link to the following quote ...

quote:

Outer Space Treaty

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The Outer Space Treaty contains an undertaking not to place in orbit around the Earth, install on the moon or any other celestial body, or otherwise station in outer space, nuclear or any other weapons of mass destruction. It limits the use of the moon and other celestial bodies exclusively to peaceful purposes and expressly prohibits their use for establishing military bases, installation, or fortifications; testing weapons of any kind; or conducting military maneuvers.

The Treaty was opened for signature in North America, United Kingdom, and Russia on January 27, 1967. On April 25 the Senate gave unanimous consent to its ratification, and the Treaty entered into force on October 10, 1967.

Info on a later project can be found at the following website.