Cassini-Huygens probe in orbit

Too cool for words, my father thought he'd never see this stuff happen in his lifetime but here we are, the exploration of the 'real' Saturn region with ultra close-up shots to boot.

• 6 months later...
Guest Arthur_Dent1976

They've released some audio from Huygens descent as well. The first clip plays the sound of Titan's winds brushing against the mic. Very cool to be able to hear that, coming from another world... The second one is a converted radar echo stream. That one starts to sounds a bit like 'Stunt Car Racer' from my old C64

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur_Dent:

The first clip plays the sound of Titan's winds brushing against the mic. Very cool to be able to hear that, coming from another world...

Agreed I never thought I'd ever hear real sounds from another planet. Very cool. Now if only they had put speaker systems on the probe to be able to yell out "ANYONE HOME!!". The first human voice to speak on another planet.

That first color pic of Titan looks a heck of a lot like Mars. Are they sure they landed on the right planet

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur_Dent:

They've released some
from Huygens descent as well. The first clip plays the sound of Titan's winds brushing against the mic. Very cool to be able to hear that, coming from another world... The second one is a converted radar echo stream. That one starts to sounds a bit like 'Stunt Car Racer' from my old C64

That literally gave me goosebumps...TOO COOL!!

OK SC, now we have sounds from outer Space, now that would be cool to add to UC, wanna land on Titan, listen to the ACTUAL sounds of landing on Titan...LOL