To err, is human.

Proving those of Intelligence:CAN admit mistakes.

Here is an example, worthy to be followed:

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/news/st...609110001441492

I always thought that: within all the laws of physics, there followed a required balance of philosophy and rule; which eliminated the possibility, of total anialation of the energy contained within the black hole, and there be no return.(in whatever form.)

quote:

Originally posted by street:

Proving those of Intelligence:CAN admit mistakes.

Really?

So..... Can you?

Sorry, but you are the one that decided to make it a political inuendo.....

And Hawking is our generations Einstein, and the man has the common sense to realize that Science can and does change. He understands that a "scientific fact" is an oxymoron.

He is a TRUE scientist.....

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

how is that political inuenndo?

he said "Proving those of Intelligence"...

What are you saying Baloogan? That Street is not one of those with intelligence?

I would hope not....

Because I think he's pretty smart, his thinking is skewed, and he doesn't have enough information, but I believe that he is intelligent....

Well boyo's that shows the definition of the word "Theory"

I am most interested in hearing Mr Hawking's new information regarding an astral phenomena that we will most likely never have an opportunity to study up close and personal.

Therefore this particilar theory will be a very long time in proving with scientific study.

When you think of the gravitational forces exhibited in our own little solar system, the mind boggles and I, for one, get the true feeling that we are just infinetesimal specks in the cosmic space/time continuum.

On that note, even though Mr Hawking is just another physical speck like the rest of us, he is larger than a galaxy if he can admit that he was wrong.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Well boyo's that shows the definition of the word "Theory"

Sorry, but it shows nothing of the sort.... Hypothesis, Maybe, but not theory....

quote:

I am most interested in hearing Mr Hawking's new information regarding an astral phenomena that we will most likely never have an opportunity to study up close and personal.

Therefore this particilar theory will be a very long time in proving with scientific study.

It will probably never be proven, but Hawking is also one of the best free thinkers and physicists that we have today.

quote:

When you think of the gravitational forces exhibited in our own little solar system, the mind boggles and I, for one, get the true feeling that we are just infinetesimal specks in the cosmic space/time continuum.

Indeed we are......

quote:

On that note, even though Mr Hawking is just another physical speck like the rest of us, he is larger than a galaxy if he can admit that he was wrong.

Wrong, he is a scientist, who is not wedded to his theories like a lot of other scientists and people that I know. Hawking understands science, to understand science is to be ready to stand your theory on it's head and throw it away when some better explanation comes along.

This he's so big because he can admit that he's wrong is one of the most laughable and silly things that I have yet to hear out of you guys.

He's a scientist, it's EXPECTED..........

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

It will probably never be proven, but Hawking is also one of the best free thinkers and physicists that we have today.

Not in our lifetime, but most likely it will be proven in the future. Perhaps when manned (or larger unmanned) deep space travel can happen and is affordable.

About the hypothesis/theory thing, for Hawking this was a little more than a hypothesis; mathmatically he had proved it, making it a theory. But, later, when he ran another trial on the theory; and I say this as how I've been told; he couldn't prove it much futher than his first time. Theories, as you know Jag, are hypothesis that are proven, but they are not set in stone at all, as you also know (and have stated, I'm simply reiterating for others who didn't understand this completely.)

Just another day in the science.