Technical but not too technical

echo

HI!

I have two questions. I like asking you guys rather than people I see becasue people I see annoy me!

1. I found some 8mm video tapes, my late uncle left for his kids. They no longer have their camera. I have looked and have not been able to find an adapter or a player. Are there such things or do I buy a new camera?

2. Websites. Where is the best palce to learn how to create and change a webstite. I am thinking of maybe building one for less than 150 people to look at and not too complicated, kind of a News letter type of thing.

Thanks in advance!

1: 8mm is much narrower than VHS and the audio and video are recorded differently also and the two formats load into the player/recorder at different positions. In other words, nope there are no adapters to play 8mm tape on VHS vcr's. I don't think there are any 8mm vcr's either. You either would have to purchase a new camera or if you know someone who has a camera ask them if they could transfer the tapes to a VCR for you.

Yeah I think there are shops that transfer stuff like that. Check your phone book.

For the website. Check the one Shohashi found. Click "Insurgent Central Command" in my sig. Then scroll ALL the way to the very bottom and click get your own free website. They put an ad just like you see on the Central Command site but that's all I have seen. No pop ups or anything. And it very easy to build stuff with it.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

HI!

I have two questions. I like asking you guys rather than people I see becasue people I see annoy me!

1. I found some 8mm video tapes, my late uncle left for his kids. They no longer have their camera. I have looked and have not been able to find an adapter or a player. Are there such things or do I buy a new camera?

2. Websites. Where is the best palce to learn how to create and change a webstite. I am thinking of maybe building one for less than 150 people to look at and not too complicated, kind of a News letter type of thing.

Thanks in advance!

(1) Pinnacle sells a bunch of products that will do this just fine.

(2) Do a blog instead. Painless and you can do links. See mine over at www.dereksmart.com and you can use Web Picture Creator to automatically create your web pics and upload them. Thats what I use.