'Something' cleaning Mars rovers

Australian News

quote:

December 23, 2004

AN unexplained phenomenon akin to a space-borne carwash has boosted the performance of one of the two US rovers probing the surface of Mars, New Scientist magazine said today.

It said something - or someone - had regularly cleaned layers of dust from the solar panels of the Mars Opportunity vehicle while it was closed down during the Martian night.

OK, What the......

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

quote:

December 23, 2004

AN unexplained phenomenon akin to a space-borne carwash has boosted the performance of one of the two US rovers probing the surface of Mars, New Scientist magazine said today.

It said something - or someone - had regularly cleaned layers of dust from the solar panels of the Mars Opportunity vehicle while it was closed down during the Martian night.

OK, What the......

Probably something as simple as the mars winds. I use aircans to clean my computer all the time making wind a wonderful cleaning tool. If it's a down draft blowing on the rover, there would be little dust in it while blowing the dust off the rovers.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Probably something as simple as the mars winds. I use aircans to clean my computer all the time making wind a wonderful cleaning tool. If it's a down draft blowing on the rover, there would be little dust in it while blowing the dust off the rovers.

Man LIS, you are no FUN at all......

Guest kenny87

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

quote:

December 23, 2004

OK, What the......

That's what the evil alien's from Uranus want you to think!