Can time flow backwards..and can we detect it?

Guest DocHoliday

Neat, I didn't know that tnx.

However the way the article puts it, REG is influenced by thoughts of people and as such cannot predict future. If the people are happy, it will register that. And vice-versa. So unless people are able to predict future, the device won't either.

And even if it did. On its own there are two problems:

- how to interpret the "warning"

- what to do about it

If you can't answer it, the device is more or less useless.. What good is it, if the device tells you "something" is gonna happen, when you don't know what.. And what good is knowing what will happen if there is not much you can do about it....

Looking back and matching an event to a reaction of the device - the 9/11 and Diana example - is easy, but really has nothing to do with predicting future

However, the mere fact, that thoughts obviously influence the results of a random generator is in itself VERY fascinating..

On the topic of can time flow backwards: the instinctive response would be no.. because this would dismiss causality (cause -> effect) or rather turn it around. And causality is currently still believed to be one of the fundamental rules of nature in the universe as we know it... Of course, if you define time as an internal variable - as defined in relativistic theories vs. Newtonian, where it is a value that cannot be tampered with - it is no longer a given, but just another variable, that plays its role within the observed system. In this case, who knows?

Cheers,

Doc

Guest DocHoliday

HOWEVER, after checking out the second site..

I see many ways this could be exploited by governments to "feel" the attitudes of people.. Good and bad... The so-called perception management, power through fear, terrorist attack prediction, preemtive attacking, rebellion control... IF, of course, you could localise the input area, which I doubt they can.. for now.

See here and tell me you don't see the potential for abuse:

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/tapestry.html

Cheers,

Guest DocHoliday

True. But if you can prove correlation between one set of events and another, than duplicating the results using another method isn't necessary.. Of course, there is always the question of casuality. Does fear in people actually cause the REG to generate negative values directly or is the process infinitelly more complex than that..

Example: It is a well known fact, that rate of births in a given area correlates with the number of storks in that area, but we know there is not casual relationship. There is also the example which states that the number of priests in an area is correlated with the number of hookers in that area and we acknowledge (or maybe don't want to) no causal relationship

what got me really interested was the test they made on individuals..how they seemed to affect the machines by concentrating on them.

Its kind of odd but when you think about things, there is stuff that you (well, me at least) experience that you just cant explain. Deja Vu , intuition (heck this is a big one for me, i get a lot of these... and its saved my life at least twice that i can remember.. i was in a traffic light once waiting for it to go green, it went green and I just felt this overwhelming need to NOT push the acceletor pedal.. a few seconds later a car just flashed in front of me, running the red light at very high speeds. I know that car wouldve hit me real bad if i had not paid attention to that feeling); that feeling that someone is watching you and most of the times it turns out to be right (there was even an experiment done on this about a decade ago where they put a person in a room full of see-through mirrors, each mirror could have 1 person behind it or not. the test had only one person choosing a mirror at random and standing there watching the subject intently.. in most cases and in most volunteer test subjects, they were able to determine which mirror the observer was behind after a few minutes of 'feeling' the stare out).

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

*snip* that feeling that someone is watching you and most of the times it turns out to be right (there was even an experiment done on this about a decade ago where they put a person in a room full of see-through mirrors, each mirror could have 1 person behind it or not. the test had only one person choosing a mirror at random and standing there watching the subject intently.. in most cases and in most volunteer test subjects, they were able to determine which mirror the observer was behind after a few minutes of 'feeling' the stare out).

It is part of the survival instincts, seems to me scientists have already studied this and figured out how it works? Maybe not....

Guest DocHoliday

From what I've read deja vu is a perfectly biological thing. One half of your brain being dominant, makes one eye also dominant. The picture that the dominant eye receives is processed slightly faster than the picture from the other eye (we're talking miliseconds).. Sometimes the left and right brain-lobes fail to coordinate properly which results in a feeling you've seen something before...

I must say I have little or no intuition. I do have adrenaline response, which keeps me alert and my situational awarness high, but that's different. My intuition (if I can call it that) is mostly, that I can predict how people will react. So this is probably more common sense than ESP

Although in your mirror example, I think it's not so much the fact that we are able to feel the "stare", but more that we are able to detect living energy (infra-red, bioelectric, electro-magnetic, all of the above).. just like a snake is able to detect a mouse at night. We may not SEE infra-red or ultraviolet, but I am pretty sure we have systems in our body which CAN detect some of it, even though we may not be consciously aware of it. We might even detect vibrations with our skin.. The problem is we don't need any of those senses and they become even less sharp than they originally are.

Cheers,

Doc

quote:

Originally posted by DocHoliday:

From what I've read deja vu is a perfectly biological thing. One half of your brain being dominant, makes one eye also dominant. The picture that the dominant eye receives is processed slightly faster than the picture from the other eye (we're talking miliseconds).. Sometimes the left and right brain-lobes fail to coordinate properly which results in a feeling you've seen something before...

Do you think deja vu can entail sight and sound?

Guest DocHoliday

I think sight is the primary thing. Sounds may come from the same trick (the brain-lobe miscoordination), then again, sound may just somehow be.. well integrated into the experience..

The strange thing about deja vu is, that you get the feeling you saw, heard something before, but moreover, you can also remember you FELT the same way before and here and there you can also predict what the next "scene" will be...

Now THIS is fascinating.. You might say, that this indicated something totally different.

Let's assume that time is not a linear thing.. Now, human beings as well as all other species evolved in linear time environment.. So we are not "designed" to percieve time in any other way than linear. Normally. NOW.. if deja vu is a fluke of normal body operations, it may perhaps be more than that.

Since you believe that you've seen the scene before (even though the reality may be different), in your subjective reality, the scene you are observing occured in the past, right? So whatever happens next, is actually PRESENT time to you.. We can all describe the present, right? So if you describe your present, you are in fact describing future as seen by others You trick linear time through a fault in your perception

Anyway, I'm saying that this sort of flukes may actually trigger perception that was not developed through evolution..

so keep training your intuition if you have it you might end up in a mental institution if you discuss too much and too early about it, but that's just because society has a hard time tolerating "irregular" behaviour

Anyway, I'm taking my blue pill now, before I wake up from the matrix

Cheers,

Doc

I have "deja vu" events the begin and last up to...30 seconds. I've been able to change the outcome of a conversation (I think) because I distinctly remembered the exact thing happening before. Deja Vu just doesn't seem to be enough to describe the experienc at times...

Others have called it the voice of your spirit guide. Mine has led me directly to places I have never been before.

For example; I worked as a field technician and was always traveling to facilities that were out in the boonies. If I made a wrong turn along the way, there was always this feeling within me that informed me of the mistake in navigation.

This has happened to me too many times to call it a fluke of the imagination.

I had coworkers who noticed this when they travelled with me. Some were even spooked by it. LOL

Another example; A friend of mine was attempting to light a campfire with gasoline. He had poured the fuel on the wood and let it soak in as if it were charcoal. He lit a match and tossed it into the pile, the match went out on the way down, so he lit another match and tossed it in. He then leaned over the woodpile, peering into the tangle of tree parts, looking for the match to see if it went out. At that very moment in time I got that odd feeling again and grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back from the pile. The gasoline ignited into a fireball that would have engulfed him. Unfortunately there were two other friends slightly downwind from the pile and they were standing in a large area of gasoline vapor which also ignited. Luckily they only recieved some singed leg hairs.

Time is an interesting concept. I have read articles that theorize that the Earth bends space time as it travels around the sun. Kind of like a bowling ball rolling on a trampoline.

Bending the space-time fabric might be possible in the future as we continue to discover new principles of applied magnetics.

Guest DocHoliday

Wolferz, you're probably talking about intuition, not deja vu.. Sometimes high levels of adrenalin can make your senses super sharp.. It's from our hunting days. A lot of soldiers experience that and it's also a major drag for those who are suffering from the Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Your level of "hightened awareness" actually sounds like it's useful though.

The most I was able to get out of intuition so far was:"Why didn't I STOP when I got that feeling" so you're lucky to be able to put it to good use..

As for space-time curvature? What you described would be the relativistic description of space, (as opposed to Newtonian), where gravity of a massive body, warps space-time, not just attracts other bodies.. the more massive the object, the deeper a whole it makes.. While Earth appears to orbit the Sun, as seen through Newtonian glasses, it actually travels in a straight line.. but since it travels somewhere along the "neck" of the indentation created by the Sun it in effect follows an elliptical path. The effect is the same, just the background is different.. Like saying light-bulb is not powered by electricity, but electrons To a regular human it makes little difference, but if we are ever to invent warp drive, quantum physics is the key.

If you're interested in this sort of thing, try following discussions here.

http://orbit.m6.net/v2/forum.asp?forumid=6

We sometimes have REALLY wacky conversations Fortunatelly some guys are actually from the field and can clear things up of they get TOO much out of hand.

Cheers,