nasa loses space walk tapes

My wife was just laughing about that, yesterday we got a job translating an IMAX film about the apollo moon landings. Maybe that's where the tapes disappeared off to ?

Guest HorseloverFat

No, the race will never end.

I vote for the Russians.

They can launch a Soyez in a thunderstorm.

Nasa can't launch if someone passes gas.

And yes, their stuff works just fine.

Kept the ISS in supplies while the shuttle was offline.

It's time to move on from the shuttle.

A good idea 30 years ago, not so hot now.

[ 08-20-2006, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: HorseloverFat ]

It has a wikipedia entry. The "space race" was brought on by a feeling of panic (of America) when the Soviets launched Sputnik. We caught up and "won". Actually, I think it just kind of fizzled out. Some sort of race will always be going on yes. I think we're racing against the Chinese now.

quote:

It's time to move on from the shuttle.

NASA is in the process of doing that now. The next generation is called Ares 1 and Ares 5.

From what I've read, the Space Shuttle fleet will be retired in 2010 where the Ares line will become operational. They want to spend the next four years of shuttle missions working on completing the ISS.

-Sho

Guest Grayfox

funny... americas premier space agency cant find it and yet a film maker in australia can...

"i was just borrowing it!!! honest!"

like that neighbor that borrows your power tools and never returns them

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Well,
seems to have a copy of the original tape.

Well, at least that's ONE box of tapes, out of 700!

quote:

Originally posted by Carmel Egan

August 20, 2006 in the Sidney Morning Herald:

Mr Clifton said: "On a visit to Washington I went to [the] Smithsonian and asked if they had any shots of rocket ships travelling. They said, 'Well, we can give you highlights of the moon shot.'

"A week later a delivery came to my film studio in Los Angeles with the can of film. When I opened it up I was gobsmacked because instead of getting a couple of minutes I got nearly half an hour of a complete film.

So apparently, we've learned the method to the Smithsonian's Madness, here. They probably thought, "Gee, 700 Boxes of tapes, they must all be copies" so when someone like Mr. Clifton ordered some tape, they just sent him a box of ORIGINALS!!! It's no wonder the idiots lost all the tapes.