Current or upcoming games to look forward to...

LostInSpace

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Talk about pressures of being of JEDI:

First Galaxies Jedi confirmed, hunted

First players to unlock force-sensitive slots in Star Wars-based MMORPG quickly find a price on their heads.

I guess it's lucky for them that in SWG, you have to actually accept a dual with someone to be able to fight with them. Unless of course you are both members of opposing factions, then it's on!

All in all SWG is pretty cool, but I have to admit, it's kind of frustrating, knowing that I have Power plants, Mining equipment, Chemical Extractors and Factories that can produce all kinds of things, but I have to either walk everywhere or ride around on a smelly lizard. This is no way to live, I need my technology, bring on the Land speeders & Bikes (I know, I'll have them by next month). Though, what I'd REALLY like is a cool ship to fly from either one part of the planet to another, or even better from planet to space and planet to planet. I don't care the costs, I've got millions saved up already, I'm ready!

Well I tried out Return of the King for the PC.

The short of it is I give it a 5 out of 10 only for the Graphics, Sound track and Movie Cutscenes. Other than that, this games leaves much to be desired. The levels are short and what developers did to overcome this shortcoming is make the levels intollerably hard with no sub chapter saves. For example, you play as Aragorn in King of the Dead level. Okay that king is very hard enough to kill then you are made to make haste out of the cave while it's collapsing battling the entire way while being chased by the cave-in. I was alsmost out they just kept sending waves of dead knights and the cave in finally caught up with me and I died. I selected retry but it seems that the developers made it even more difficult the second time around by having the cave-in timed just right behind ya tally around for just a second and you're history. Well needless to say I got tired of this and quit the game. Went back in some time later and guess what you have to start that level all over again from the dead king to the escape outa the cave. All I can say is that I can see alot of broken joysticks just from this frustration. This is just one example. And the game also reminds me why I hate console ports the controls and camera angles. Also, This game would have been alot more re-playable and enjoyable if you could play Co-op online for the PC rather than having to wait 'till someone is visiting and play together on the same computer. I really wanted to like this game because the demo was good.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

But what's up with those dancing wookies!! I mean I know that when you watch them you get healed but common... Egads they look rediculous...

LOL - Yea I found that a bit strange the first time I saw it alright, it was just so wrong almost shot the poor guy for it.

quote:
I guess it's lucky for them that in SWG, you have to actually accept a dual with someone to be able to fight with them. Unless of course you are both members of opposing factions, then it's on!

All in all SWG is pretty cool, but I have to admit, it's kind of frustrating, knowing that I have Power plants, Mining equipment, Chemical Extractors and Factories that can produce all kinds of things, but I have to either walk everywhere or ride around on a smelly lizard. This is no way to live, I need my technology, bring on the Land speeders & Bikes (I know, I'll have them by next month). Though, what I'd REALLY like is a cool ship to fly from either one part of the planet to another, or even better from planet to space and planet to planet. I don't care the costs, I've got millions saved up already, I'm ready!

Unforunatly when you become a Jedi you're automatically aligned with the rebelion(unless you go Dark Jedi). BTW the first Jedi already have HUGE bounties on their heads and are being relentlessly chased around the galaxy.

As for vehicles/ships, I anxiously await the vehicles update next month and hope the ships expansion will not be too far behind it.

Just played the Deus ex 2 demo. Very nice indeed. Brings back memories of Thief and System Shock but wrapped up in one package. Warning, this demo requires a steep system. I had to play 600x480 or 800x600 I tried it on higher screen settings but it ran like molasses. The physics and graphis are great. But the video options didn't have and Advanced submenu all you get to choose is Screen rez and two other options hopefully the full game will have more tweakable video options.

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

quote:

Just played the Deus ex 2 demo. Very nice indeed. Brings back memories of Thief and System Shock but wrapped up in one package. Warning, this demo requires a steep system. I had to play 600x480 or 800x600 I tried it on higher screen settings but it ran like molasses. The physics and graphis are great. But the video options didn't have and Advanced submenu all you get to choose is Screen rez and two other options hopefully the full game will have more tweakable video options.

Scroll down for more video options. I'm not sure why the game runs so slowly. It doesn't have THAT great of graphics, though they're still good. Oh well, I guess I'll try it on my new computer (All-in-wonder 9800 ).

Thanks I'll check that out about the extra options. I don't think it's so much the graphics but the physics of the game that's slowing it down. The lighting and shadow effects from the fire cans look real cool. I love tossing things at people. There's a little back hallway in the bar where a thug is walking and a loose tire. They don't react though the way you think when someone gets hit with bulky items .

quote:

Originally posted by almostpilot:

For everyone who loves space sims (and your development), take a look :

You know, this game is really nice. I downloaded it earlier and I like it. Reminds me of BCMG especially the flight model including the way the distance is displayed. What and idea though a free open source game ( the same idea behind linux) wow! Thanks for the link to this one almostpilot. Another game I never knew about oy. Check this one out guys.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by almostpilot:

For everyone who loves space sims (and your development), take a look :

You know, this game is really nice. I downloaded it earlier and I like it. Reminds me of BCMG especially the flight model including the way the distance is displayed. What and idea though a free open source game ( the same idea behind linux) wow! Thanks for the link to this one almostpilot. Another game I never knew about oy. Check this one out guys.

Yes, i think that the game is very cool. For me remember the first WING COMMANDER: Privateer.

I┬┤d like to see in the future a game based in the OLD TV serie "Lost in SPace" (NOT ABOUT YOUR NICK NAME, ok)

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

Vega strike seems pretty sweet, nice list of features...

I never even knew about it!?

Makes me wonder what other FREE 3d space sims are out there, besides from freespace2...

Does anyone know of some others?

OPEN SOURCE GAMES (SourceForge.net) Look at simulations there's quite a few Space Sims there.

I dunno how many of you remember this little gem

Scorched Earth. It was a simple but very addictive Dos game. I should know, I played for hours and hours on this one. Well, I found someone has made a modern version of it thru the open source link I provided above. This new version is just as good (maybe better) and guess what it's got eye candy now. I've played it for an hour already. Here's the home page for open source developers game Scorched Earth 3D . Also, it is multiplayer.

quote:

Originally posted by Terran Marine:

I have known about Homeworld 2 for a long time I figured I should mention it since people were talking about space sims.

I┬┤m sure that Homeworld 2 is a great game, but for me it┬┤s not a "space sim", it┬┤s more like a strategy game. I have played this game and i enjoyed so much.

quote:

Originally posted by Terran Marine:

I have known about Homeworld 2 for a long time I figured I should mention it since people were talking about space sims.

I played a few sessions of it and its quite good. If you haven't played the first Homeworld, this would take some getting used to.

Guest rtoolooze

Anyone pick up Lock On--Modern Air Combat yet? I picked it up from EB last friday, the day it hit shelves.

So far I like it alot. Altho I wish the campaign was as deep as Falcon 4. (which I still play btw)

Seems like alot of people are having problems getting it to install/run properly tho. So far, I hav'nt had no problems what so ever. I think Derek's strict policy of keeping ones computer in tip top shape and keeping everything updated, cleaned up ect. ect., alway's helps with all other games, obviously. Ahh yes, just another bonus of being a part of this great community.

Well I do it the same way apart from the developers/publisher that I know well and from time and trust...... then I buy without checking first.....

Naturally 3000AD is one of them!!