Current or upcoming games to look forward to...

LostInSpace

Guest rtoolooze

Quote:

"Is it just your basic flight sim, or is it the kind of revolutionary game the genre needs?"

Its actually geared toward the more hardcore group of simmer's, altho it can be scaled back to help noobs. Be prepared for some serious training to get into the meat of the sim.

You'll also need a pretty strong computer to have acceptable FPS. And thats at medium settings. I wish it had a dynamic campaign, but right now, it does'nt. Some are in the works already tho. I think in the next year or so, it will bloom into one of the top modern jet sims. (hopefully )

Go to www.simhq.com and check out the forums there. You'll find a ton of info on the boards.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll looks like there's alot of heat surrounding Deus ex 2 for the pc demo.

GameSpot News

VideoGameLife.

I hate to admit but I agree with the critics of the demo if it's any preview of how full game is going to be for the PC forget it. And it's all too true, sadly, that the majority of the games coming out have been designed with the console in mind first and PC second. I dunno what can we PC gamers can do about this state of affairs.

Guest Grayfox

im also looking foward to The Suffering. looks pretty damn cool, and its coming out on all 3 platform systems with the cube being first (finally) on 2/2/04 and the other 2 on 2/23/04.

ive always been a fan of this type of game... ever since the first RE... cheesy dialogue and all

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by rtoolooze:

Anyone pick up Lock On--Modern Air Combat yet? I picked it up from EB last friday, the day it hit shelves.

So far I like it alot. Altho I wish the campaign was as deep as Falcon 4. (which I still play btw)

Seems like alot of people are having problems getting it to install/run properly tho. So far, I hav'nt had no problems what so ever. I think Derek's strict policy of keeping ones computer in tip top shape and keeping everything updated, cleaned up ect. ect., alway's helps with all other games, obviously. Ahh yes, just another bonus of being a part of this great community.

Just got it this thursday. Have been playing it all weekend. Got me an other vidcard or it wouldn't be fun (got the ATI 9600XT, the 9800 Pro is still bout 400 euros).

Like the A10 mavericks (TV/IR) and the F15 Radar.

Home-On Jam and TWS features are cool.

Good game.

on medium detail 25-35 FPS average (SU-27 training) about 20 FPS on high detail (you need a powerhouse for this: A10 training) drops below 20 till 15 with guns effects, explosions, trees (low level flight). BCMG is a lot faster like a 110 FPS in action it could drop to 48 FPS. I downloaded some benchmarktools AquaMark III and Codecreates. I checked Tom's Hardware. Just send me a mail what you wanna know and i'll send you some specs.

I have Morrowind and is one of the best RPG I have played.Its not as dense as Baldurs gate for example,but the inmersion in the history and the world is TOTAL.

The game has a story line you have to follow to arrive at the end,but apart from it you can really do ANYTHING you want,with little limits.You can even stop following the plot at any time (and resume it later) and continue your life.

Also is not dificult to master the interface.

The only thing I dont like is that it gets short.It is NOT short, but once you play you get so hooked you simply cant get enought.It can steal lots of hours dedicated to BCM,for sure.

Well thats my opinion.

I played Daggerfall (the second game in the series) a lot when it came out. What I loved about it was of course that it was open ended, had a huge game world, you could play as whatever you wanted, the character development was according to what skills you used the most, and it had a mission generator. What I really hated about it, was that the dungeons were randomized. If you went into the same dungeon twice, it would be different.

Anticipating the same gaming experience from Morrowind, I couldn't wait to get my hand on it. Morrowind had almost everything Daggerfall had (but with better graphics and sound of course): great immerson factor, great character development (same as in Daggerfall), quite big gaming world, BUT it didn't have a mission generator. For me that meant a more dead world than in Daggerfall. This resulted in me playing it for quite a while, but not nearly as long as I played Daggerfall.

That being said, I've never regret buying the game. In fact I own the game both for X-box and PC.

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

As for vehicles/ships, I anxiously await the vehicles update next month and hope the ships expansion will not be too far behind it.

Well Vehicles are out and as bugged as they were in TC (can't store them half the time.. usually when in cities or near your residence) .. By the way they're wording the ship/space expansion, lookes like they'll be charging for that one and BTW, what Galaxy do you play on? I'm Jenjuan on Kauri Playing Imperial on Tatooine (DSB)

• 1 month later...

Three demos I just played UT2k4, Hidden&Dangerous 2 and Farcry. What can I say but . Hidden and Dangerous 2 I didn't think was going to be all that good but was I wrong and I do have Hidden and Dangerous 1 and Devils Bridge that I really liked and am glad H&D2 is a very good follow up on that game. BTW you can download H&D1 w/ Devils Bridge for free! Same with Farcry didn't think it was going to be all that good you know standard fare first person shooter but that game just grabbed me right into it's enviornment and gameplay and wouldn't let go

it's a shame it ended so short can't wait for the full version. At 496mb it's well worth the price of the download . As for UT2k4 what can I say but it's Unreal with vehicles and a few new weapons like the spider mine gun which I like. You shoot the spider mines out right click on the mouse for the Alt-Fire and a lazer beam tag marks your target that the spiders run towards like lemmings on speed. Can't wait for these games.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Do you play the fan missions or the multiplay thing? I have links.

No I never got that far into the community to do that stuff. But if any game deserved that attention is this one.

But this is one of those games that it would be a crime if they dont do the original justice. And considering the tech they have to work with now vs back then...there had better be 40x the detail in the game world than the original

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

Well Vehicles are out and as bugged as they were in TC (can't store them half the time.. usually when in cities or near your residence) .. By the way they're wording the ship/space expansion, lookes like they'll be charging for that one and BTW, what Galaxy do you play on? I'm Jenjuan on Kauri Playing Imperial on Tatooine (DSB)

Sorry about the slow delay, don't get here much these days.

Yes vehicles are now out and the system is buggy but at least they are still working on it. (more vehicles to come soon and they've already added another two mounts).

Sony/Lucasarts have always said that the Space Expansion will be a 'chargeable' addon that will be an 'option' for you to buy.

Advantage off course there is that it will also include all applied patches up to that point so new players won't have to wait so long for almost 1 years worth of patches.

SWG is still not perfect and there are some BLAzing problems but at least they are still working on it.

• 1 month later...