Anyone up for some gaming this weekend?

Guest $iLk

Assuming my weather here doesn't go to Hell, I will attempt testing a connect for a game tonight.

Anyone who would like to assist would be appreciated.

My router problem has to do with a known issue of ServU FTP server and Linksys routers... I'm attempting to solve that so that I can get underway.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention

I will now be testing out a server for TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC from -6GMT 2040 - 2120. If you would like to help me test to see if this works, your settings are:

IP ADDRESS: 216.231.167.138

PORT: 27015

USERNAME If applicable:bcm

PASSWORD: 3000ad

I will leave it on for a little while, stop bye for at least a few if you are able.

Okay, I've finally tracked down a valid halfLife update (the halfLife platinum pack 2 is way out of date on patches *SHAME ON YOU SIERRA*)

If I don't have the server running in another 20 minutes, I will put this file online here tomorrow so that people here can grab it so we are all patched.

If you want a good fast link to the full file:

I'm getting over 100k/s d/l speed here. halfLife 1.1.1.0 FULL install

I am up for tonight if you guys are. You can get my contact information from the first page in this thread. I will leave them online until sufficient people (3 or more) contact me to start, at which time I will post all connection info here.

I will need some tests tonight to make sure my router is forwarding the port correctly. Volunteers?

I am -6GMT (Central)

Will be home around 1700 (5:00p)

TFC is the plan unless you guys want something else. halfLIFE version 1.1.1.0

Alright, I've unhooked my POS router and set up direct to my modem.

Anyone who wants to contact me can do so now for a final test of my server, then it should run fine

ROUND ONE OVER.

Anyone want's to join in on a second round starting in about 5 minutes, that IP addy is:

No Password

No lag at all the last game *knock on wood*

Had about 8 people last one, let's go for 16.

EP5, I think you can download TFC by itself for free. Not sure if it works without halflife or not because I haven't tried it, but go to FileFront and look under the halflife/teamfortress section.

We had a good match of HUNTED last night too.

I wish I could remember how to do the custom sprays, I downloaded the proggies to make them so shouldn't be a problem. In CS I used the hello.jpg (if you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't been on the internet long enough) to gross people out. Wish I could find that screenshot...

Sorry for my sudden absence last Friday night, my hard drive started making funny noises and crashed my computer. I've been able to get it working again, but I'm buying a new hard drive and starting from scratch, so as to eliminate any further problems.

My wifes hard drive started screwing up a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't boot for awhile and would say that Primary Device not found.

Started working again though, but had another problem related to a driver infinitely loading or something.

Be sure to go to Microsoft's website and download the files necessary for creating a boot disk if using Windows XP.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, if anyone wants to game this weekend any time, we can set up a time and here are the choices if I'm server:

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2003

COUNTERSTRIKE

ALIENS VS PREDATOR 2

BATTLEFIELD 1942

TRIBES 2

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

JEDI KNIGHT 2

If anyone is interested,

MSN: [email protected]

YIM: [email protected]

AIM: KG1 Wolffe