Gone Gold Thread - People are so predictable

Supreme Cmdr

Chris just sent me this thread. Of course if you do a profile search on all the posters (except for two) in that thread, you will see that the morons spouting the usual rubbish, are those who have made it their business to bash me, the games, the fanbase, at every turn.

I simply can't understand this. Its human nature I guess; yet people wonder why flamewars are so prevalent.

And of course, had the RC1 build of the game entered into the retail channel and I hadn't said anything, guess what they'd be saying then. The same thing I was blamed for when Take 2 pulled the same stunt, by shipping the first BC3K title while still in Beta.

[ 12-31-2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Not to mention hypocrisy here's one of our more recent banned visitors.

http://members.tripod.com/no2interplay/

KIN Takvah - "The reality check has to do with the fact that even after all the screaming was done about SFA, nothing was done to fix it. I'm not talking shield indicators here, I'm talking multiplay. Also the fixes in the end hurt some features in the game, ie reloading at a starbase. It's as if Interplay washed their hands of the whole project and believe me I was as upset as you when I got this game and even RETURNED IT" [interplay seems consistent in botching up multiplayer and doing nothing to fix it in game after game after game.]

now read his (Takvah) posts over at http://dreamcatchergames.com/forums/showth...&threadid=13675

It's seems it was ok to bash Interplay for releasing SFA because it had bugs and the patches of "his" game were not to his liking but now there's slippage in an attempt to make the release as bug free as possible this is also wrong or is it just he now has a different agenda?

Edit: starts here read this thread first http://dreamcatchergames.com/forums/showth...&threadid=13699

I was going to make my first post over at DC in response to Takvah but the thread had already been locked by bglad[DC] so I'll just add to this post.

I must apologies it seem I have some how miss-interpreted the meaning of Takvah's quoted post on that link I also provided.

The meaning was obviously beyond my comprehension it would seem that he (Takvah) thinks its quite acceptable to ship games with as many bugs in it as you like as long as you promise to fix them for free in post release patches, it's only when the fixes aren't acceptable to Takvah that it then becomes un-acceptable.

Just makes you think how bad does a game have to be before in his (Takvah) opinion it shouldn't be released even if you do make those promises?

I think I'll go with my first impression and that he is being hypocritical because his agenda has changed.

Takvah talks about "LACK OF READING COMPREHENSION" even if you didn't know about the Take Two debacle how can you not comprehend that someone who hasn't played a game can give a fair and valid opinion of a game or is the author just calling for a boycott of Interplay's future big releases based on a generalization of previous performance.

The quote about BC3000AD v2.0 which is what it's about, posted under the title

"Boycott Future Interplay Games! List follows..."

and reads as follows

"Battle Cruiser 3000AD - You can add Battle Cruiser 3000 to the list of Interplay Fiasco's like MAX2 and Descent to Undermountain. You can preorder it now if you like throwing your money down the toilet. You can leave warning messages about it on their Commlink Forum. It's foolish to even consider buying this game."

note the words I have highlighted in bold.

I take this post for what it is posted by someone who at the time hadn't even played the released version and so could not be expressing an objective opinion of the game because it had not been released.

This warning was quite understandable at the time he / she might well of had his / her fingers burnt with the original TakeTwo release of the unready beta code as a finished game against SC wishes.

Maybe Takvah is coming to his because he seems to have taken offence at being grouped in with the other hypocritical "detractors" or is it just he doesn't like his double standards pointed out?

He certainly seems to have a problem with me but then that's his problem not mine and shows another of his character flaws.

or am I deliberately miss-comprehending, miss-interpreting, being unkind, making a bad joke or being provocative your choice.

Like I say a few posts further down in this thread

" Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves."

[ 12-23-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

quote:

Originally posted by IceBladeTSW:

I couldn't take it anymore, i can't stand senseless bashing, so i reponeded to everybody, except the last three people because i was still writing, lol.

No offense intended ice however

Don't get involved, they'll just continue no matter what. There doing that just to annoy us

Thats why I never get involved, I have enough problems with real life than to get involved in senseless bashing and stuff

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Don't get involved, they'll just continue no matter what. There doing that just to annoy us

Thats why I never get involved, I have enough problems with real life than to get involved in senseless bashing and stuff

Absolutely

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

now read his (Takvah) posts over at
http://dreamcatchergames.com/forums/showth...&threadid=13675

And of course Bill Huffman (yes, HaveFun is him, thats his usual forum alias) has made an appearance. And the reason he can't read my post to Shingen is because he has a static IP with RoadRunner and I banned it on the site using an .htaccess file. He can't pull up www.3000ad.com at all.

[ 12-21-2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

And of course Bill Huffman (yes, HaveFun is him, thats his usual forum alias) has made an appearance. And the reason he can't read my post to Shingen is because he has a static IP with RoadRunner and I banned it on the site using an .htaccess file. He can't pull up
at all. [/QB]

ROFLMAO!! It's good to be the king, gotta love it.

Poor Billy, the man is a psycho from the word go, but what you did to make 3000 unavailable to him is just lovely, totally fitting. I just love it!! LOL

I would try and get my 2 cents worth in, but everyone knows me for an SC defender from the word go, so I will keep out of this little DC fiasco for right now, I have enough stuff going on with Christmas coming up on me so fast, the new business starting, and the new websites that I am putting together.

SC is doing the right thing as far as I am concerned, so any defending I would do would either A: cause a massive flamewar, (like there isn't one going on right now) and B: would be redundant, because a couple of you are doing much better then I ever could.

Merry Christmas guys, time for me to get back to it!!

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

quote:

And of course Bill Huffman (yes, HaveFun is him, thats his usual forum alias) has made an appearance. And the reason he can't read my post to Shingen is because he has a static IP with RoadRunner and I banned it on the site using an .htaccess file. He can't pull up
www.3000ad.com
at all.

Poor Billy, the man is a psycho from the word go, but what you did to make 3000 unavailable to him is just lovely, totally fitting. I just love it!! LOL

[/QB]

Unless he posts from somewhere other than home (I even banned his company's entire IP mask), if he tries to access the site, this is what he sees.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

quote:

at all.

Unless he posts from somewhere other than home (I even banned his company's entire IP mask), if he tries to access the site, this is what he sees. [/QB]
Remind me to never piss off SC

quote:

Unless he posts from somewhere other than home (I even banned his company's entire IP mask), if he tries to access the site,
is what he sees. [/QB]

ROFLMAO!!! That's hilarious, great stuff!! LOL

Oh, and what is this "please" stuff? LOL

[ 12-22-2003, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

Originally posted by DeepFreeze:

On the one hand, putting profanity on your company website is not a good thing,

You are right. But the fact is, NOBODY will EVER see that page unless their IP or URL is in the .htaccess file. So, you're never going to see it by accident.

Anyway, for due consideration, I have revised it a bit.

LOL SC thats good! Sure would hate to be on your bad side.

I really can't understand these people they moan and moan about games that are almost unplayable at release and then can't understand when SC wants to STOP that from happening.

I remember being SO happy I was not one of the first people to get SWG for this exact reason. I know when SC releases a product that I can install and play without having to go hunting for patches just to get the game running (BCM was a dream to run for me).

As for Dreamcatcher, I would rather not post my current feelings on them as I am trying to stop from swearing (I do it too much around my kids) but suffice to say that whatever you decide to do SC is fine by me!

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DeepFreeze:

On the one hand, putting profanity on your company website is not a good thing,

You are right. But the fact is, NOBODY will EVER see that page unless their IP or URL is in the .htaccess file. So, you're never going to see it by accident.

Anyway, for due consideration, I have revised it a bit.

Good to see the "please" is gone, never be nice to Bill Huffman, the little psycho freak!!

The message comes across just as well!! Just a little more subtle...LOL