HL2 Source Code Leaked

Supreme Cmdr

Well folks I've seen and tried out HL2. A friend of my mine (who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty ) dloaded what is now a beta release. It doesn't include the source file but a compiled game. It's also an almost 2gig download EGADs!!! The only thing you get is the EXE file and all the maps and config files etc.. Even at this size of a file it's is not complete however the only levels that seem to run good are the E3 demo levels. There are a lot of missing sound files and texture files. You find this out when you load the level. Also with this so called beta version the main menu does nothing you have to load all options and maps thru the command line.

All I can say about it is HOLY COW!! The graphics in this game are awesome as is the physics. Can't wait to buy the released game. I hope they just shake this incident off their boots and get on with it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Another reason for my blind jealousy of Derek, A thumbprint activated PDA? Please tell me your having us on? How much more does that cost than my trusty Zire 71?(retail 299.99)I have got to have one of those. BTW if something should happen to you who besides Bill gates and yourself would be able to access your medical info?

Just find his thumb...

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

Another reason for my blind jealousy of Derek, A thumbprint activated PDA? Please tell me your having us on? How much more does that cost than my trusty Zire 71?(retail 299.99)I have got to have one of those. BTW if something should happen to you who besides Bill gates and yourself would be able to access your medical info?

yes they do exist, SC Said he had the 5455 model, this here is the 5555 model

yea, great lil things arent they? set u back a good $649.99

[ 07-17-2004, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow man just wow. Those people weren't hackers they where um... crap... well theres a slang term for malicious hackers. True hackers just want information shared but if these guys deleted/took not copied the source code they stole that makes them (Insert Slang Term Here) heh yeah. But either way this just crossed the line.

Found it out its Freaker thats the slang word... Freaker.

[ 05-22-2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Cadrian Almondo ]

• 1 month later...