games you are playing

Cruis.In

hey all, I have been losing interest in the gaming scene as of late. Not sure if it is the job or life, or time, but I know that I still want a good game to play, so I guess I'm not totally gone.

I've decided to download some demos of games, including among them back to my old roots rpg's. Which is when I first started playing real games. First game I was really interested in was "Contra" for nintendo, amongst others, but the ones that stuck out were the rpg's final fantasy for gameboy and nintendo come to mind.

so I'm looking for some rpg's to buy. That'll let me know for sure if I'm totally gone

For the last few years my interest has been open ended games or space games based on franchises, like star trek, star wars and fps games.

some demos I will download

halo

Neverwinter Nights

anyone recommend any demo I can try?

also any games you are currently playing or have recently played that has stuck in your mind.

the last game I've played was Jedi Outcast which I thought gave me a lot of good fun...but Academy was lacking and its just the same thing as Outcast.

universal combat seems to me to be a winner, too bad I only have modem access to it can't be even more of a winner based on multiplayer...but the single player universe seems awesome.

They say no credit cards no pre order, but I have an arrangement for it to be sent in pending release.

some guys I am looking at too

SW: Knights of the Old Republic

SW: Galaxies (even though its online only it sounds interesting) and my experience with darkspace with my connection was satisfactory.

let me know

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

hey all, I have been losing interest in the gaming scene as of late. Not sure if it is the job or life, or time, but I know that I still want a good game to play, so I guess I'm not totally gone.

I've decided to download some demos of games, including among them back to my old roots rpg's. Which is when I first started playing real games. First game I was really interested in was "Contra" for nintendo, amongst others, but the ones that stuck out were the rpg's final fantasy for gameboy and nintendo come to mind.

so I'm looking for some rpg's to buy. That'll let me know for sure if I'm totally gone

For the last few years my interest has been open ended games or space games based on franchises, like star trek, star wars and fps games.

some demos I will download

halo

Neverwinter Nights

anyone recommend any demo I can try?

also any games you are currently playing or have recently played that has stuck in your mind.

the last game I've played was Jedi Outcast which I thought gave me a lot of good fun...but Academy was lacking and its just the same thing as Outcast.

universal combat seems to me to be a winner, too bad I only have modem access to it can't be even more of a winner based on multiplayer...but the single player universe seems awesome.

They say no credit cards no pre order, but I have an arrangement for it to be sent in pending release.

some guys I am looking at too

SW: Knights of the Old Republic

SW: Galaxies (even though its online only it sounds interesting) and my experience with darkspace with my connection was satisfactory.

let me know

I get like from time to time. I call it game burn out . Anyway, try Mace Griffin bounty hunter demo that game seems good as far as I can tell from the demo. Also LOTR:Return of the King demo very good. As for me, what I'm really looking for is a Space game (like StarFlight) where you travel from planet to planet system to system just exploring. Scanning planets to see what the enviornment is like and it's resources and going down to collect specimens and resources to be traded for profit or kept just in case you need some down the road and while doing all this uncovering a plot to the game.

Games i play

----

Planetside

The only futuristic online war simulator. Much beyond the FPS element, you don't need twitchy reflex to pwn, but it helps.

Free 7-day trial here

Halo PC

Decent Action game. The story is cool but nothing deep. Linear, repetitive singleplayer, but there's nothing like driving a Warthog in the hills Especially when you have fellow marines gunning .. they sound like rednecks at times.

MP is much more quakelike, but the vehicles are really cool.

Demo here

Call of duty demos

There are 2 demos out there, one here and one was leaked from a PCgamer exclusive. Call of Duty is the next MOHAA, although it seems more based on teamplay (AI soldiers). It's REALLY cool, looks kickass and the guns fire at realistic rates (the MOHAA mg42 fired slow compared to the real thing)

It's coming out at the end of the month, or around that time.

Homeworld 2

Follow up to the first game, it has a vastly improved interface, and much easier fleet control. Fighters and corvettes now come in squadrons, and fleet tactics are much easier to handle. Technological availability is much more based around modules you build on your mothership, carriers and shipyards.

A kickass looking and sounding 3D space stategy game, it's pretty complicated if you're only used to 2D RTS games but easy to learn.

Ships move and shoot in 3D, larger vessels feature several gun turrets with can all track different targets (turrets that actually track targets FYI) .. love it ..

Demo available here - it has a few bugs, including that it sometimes won't restart after you quit, but not too bad.

.. not sure what you will like or dislike, but these are the games i play

oh and BTW - Unless you're an EQ fan, you will not like the bug ridden, imbalanced, nerfed to hell SWG once the novelty wears off.

I have downloaded the demo of Enigma, pretty cool navy combat game, submarines, destroyers etc, WWII action stuff.

I have been playing a lot of Diablo II as well. but my favorite at this point is Half-life Teamfortress, yeah, it's old, but it is still a lot of fun.

BCM, I think that's a given.

Neverwinter nights I hear is pretty decent, but that stuff just doesn't turn me on, Diablo is about as RPG as I get, and I grow bored with it quickly. When I feel like playing, I get on, join a game, grab a few points etc, then go onto something else for a while.

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance. I really enjoy the game. I have played all the FPS like Doom, Quake, Halflife, Unreal, ect.... and to me they are all the same except the newer they are the prettier they look. Game play is the same. Operation Flashpoint has three good stories that keeps the game interesting and fun. You are not stuck just on foot. There are tanks, helicopters, airplanes, and other vehicles to drive or fly. I like it so much that when my original disk got scratched (kids ) I went out and bought a new copy. There is community support for the game. People are making new weapons, solders, and vehicles for the game. I am looking forward to part two of the game. Operation Flashpoint

Totally agree with you HUWIE.... MORROWIND and its expansion packs is really worth buying... you'll never regret it.....

I also got OPERATIONS FLASHPOINT and the add-on RESISTANCE and I've loved them too.... pretty much realistic but the second chapter it's about to be released so you'll better keep waiting.....

I've buyed JEDI ACADEMY last saturday.... well good game but it's almost the same as JEDI OUTCAST.... I'm progressing to see the dual lightsabers and lightsaber staff.... not bad till now....

If you like tactical shooter you couldn't miss the TOM CLANCY series such as RAVEN SHIELD and SPLINTER CELL....

C YA

[ 10-21-2003, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: dennymala ]

O.K. Games I am playing and want to play.

Diablo II Enjoyable beat em up and even though at heart it's fairly repeative it's so much fun you don't notice and keep coming back for more

BCM Need I say more

Anarchy Online My first ever foray into the world of MMORPG's and I was impressed. Played well on a 56K modem aswell.

Wanna get

Homeworld II Played the demo - very impressed (but then I loved the first game) is on my WANT list

UFO Aftermath Not the next official X-com game but in the same vein - updated graphics, bigger story line and some RP/character devolopment to boot - there is supposidly a demo available on the net but I have yet to find it - more info go to www.ufoaftermath.co.uk.

Jedi Academy Played the demo and yes it is basically more of JK II but hey it's JK II. And yes the lightsaber combat is a little 'off' but it's still great fun to play.

UC See BCM comment

Star Wars Galaxies I have been watching the devolopment of this game for two years and waiting anxiously. I have a few friends who are playing and I was involved in the last two weeks of the beta. European release is the end of this month and my ADSL goes in tomorrow so wife already knows that this and UC should be in my Xmas stocking if I don't have them already.

Guest Grayfox

hmmm games im playing now...

well ive been thru jedi academy once, and im almost thru it again with a different lightsaber choice this time. ill probably go through it again and pick the darkside path. the story i thought was great even if the saber combat blew, and it saved the game for me.

im also playing the new mission pack for the Medal Of Honor series (breakthru) this one is great just like the others. in this installment, youre in africa and take part in kasserine and destroying some k5 railway cannons (long toms) for the invasion of anzio. solid installment, and i cant wait for the pacific theater one to come out.

im also rehashing rainbow six 3: raven shield. something about that game keeps drawing me back to play it... ive been thru it about 4 times already... and i dont even have an internet connection for the PC its on. also on the rehash list is all 3 ghost recons, and operation flashpoint... due to the fact that i can make missions until my eyes bleed in flashpoint, so that makes it still fresh.

also on a side note, ill be getting my pre-ordered copy of rebel strike for the cube today, so if you dont hear from me for a few days youll know why

Hey Cruis.... I'd advise staying away from SW Galaxies for a while. It's got TONS of potential but is floundering with nasty bugs and some serious game imbalances. Not worth having to pay the monthly fee just yet. Give it a few more months then check it out.

Plus with SWG I hear the experience just plain sucks...

See all those background nobodies in the movies? That's you in SWG. Enjoy wiping your tables and playing music and getting slaughtered by butterflies...

All in the name of Luca$Art$

George Lucas: "Hey let's take Everquest, and replace hobbits with wookies, and swords with lightsabers... what a cash cow!"

I'm playing BCM off and on... Duh.

* Baldur's Gate 2:SoA for the first time. I'm on Chapter 7 so I think I'm almost done.

* Freedom Fighters. Actually I just finished this game. Fun as hell but brief, and no multi. So you don't get to shoot 13 year old punks on line.

* Playing the crap out of the 2 Call of Duty demos.

Next up for me (pre-UC release): Call of Duty and Gothic 2. Both will be released in the US next week.

I just bought Tiger Woods 2004 and, though I'm not into Golf in real life, this game is totally addictive. Definitely recommended if you're even at all into golf games. This one reminds me a bit of the old Microprose Golf.

Other games that stay on my hard drive and get played a lot are;

Morrowind.. never stop loving that. With 3d glasses it's totally 'whooa'

Hearts of Iron.. My all time favourite war/strategy game.

BCMG.. fav space game! No intro needed here Can't wait for UC and X2 is also looking good.

FS2004.. Awesome if you're into flying. Atmospherics in the new version are superb.

If you're looking for a good FPS that's out now, Medal of Honor and Max Payne were two I enjoyed a lot

Recently I've only been playing the Savage demo quite a bit, as well as some Freespace2. Oh yeah, and hearts... I've been getting a bit addicted again.

I haven't played BCM for a while, as I'm letting myself get my work done now, so that I can buy and play UC later on. heh

ok, Galaxies is off the list for a while.

anyone tried Kotor? I know were PC guys but anyone with an xbox?

I'm currently playing through Soldier of Fortune 2, it has nice gun play but no replay value.

I played Splinter Cell, excellent

I actually never even finished Medal of Honour i got stuck on some mission and it seemed a fairly long game.

I'll try the homeworld 2..

currently downloading Halo

I download from ign, can't stand fileplanet.

I was a big liker of the rainbow six series...

thanks for the suggestions

I despise RPG's but recently rented KOTOR and will probably buy it when I pick up my GTAIII/GTA:VC xbox bundle November 4. I concur with Greyfox(there's a suprise)on the Breakthrough choice. IMO MOH is the second best FPS on Xbox and trails only Halflife and UT2003 on the PC (once again my opinion)

quote:

UFO Aftermath Not the next official X-com game but in the same vein - updated graphics, bigger story line and some RP/character devolopment to boot - there is supposidly a demo available on the net but I have yet to find it - more info go to

Emmett, I picked this up over the weekend and it's okay...not the best thing since sliced bread, but okay. A lot of people who played the X-COM games (including me) are going to be disappointed. You can't compare it to X-COM. Sure, some of the basic premise is the same, but a lot is totally different. If you decide to go

play it, don't think you'll have a worthy replacement for X-COM.

You can grab the demo from fileplanet if you don't mind the wait.

quote:

Hearts of Iron.. My all time favourite war/strategy game.

It's really a fun LAN game with all my RISK buddies as well...

I made a topic on it sometime last year I believe...

Guest rtoolooze

Currently I race in Nascar 2003 racing leagues, Fire up Falcon 4 once in awhile, PBEM with Uncommon Valor, Morrowind, and BCMG, of course.

p.s., and I still play BF 1942.

Downloaded the Halo demo and beat within 30 minutes.

The end sequence is great, beat the demo and a soldier comes out and tells you how you beat the level, now beat the game, it's hilarious!!

quote:

Downloaded the Halo demo and beat within 30 minutes.

The end sequence is great, beat the demo and a soldier comes out and tells you how you beat the level, now beat the game, it's hilarious!!

Heh yeah... that little end clip caused me to rush out and buy the game (I dont own an xbox and only played halo once or twice). Besides having lots of fun in Halo, im playing:

Savage

Rainbow Six 3

Homeworld 2

heh, I love the demo alot of fun. Maybe my video drivers need updating but i can only play it at 800 to get decent frames, everything else is turned up to max.

i have 4x anti aliasing turned on in my direct3d settings in display, this impacts performance too right?

but i like halo now to buy it...halo is two years old why does it cost so much? brand new for xbox it costs 49.99 and same price for the pc version.

they really think they made the greatest.

I like neverwinter nights but i felt the demo was too short for such a huge download. over 300 megs...

quote:

Originally posted by ShoHashi:

Emmett, I picked this up over the weekend and it's okay...not the best thing since sliced bread, but okay. A lot of people who played the X-COM games (including me) are going to be disappointed. You can't compare it to X-COM. Sure, some of the basic premise is the same, but a lot is totally different. If you decide to go

play it, don't think you'll have a worthy replacement for X-COM.

You can grab the demo from fileplanet if you don't mind the wait.

Actually I got my Broadband setup last night/yesterday and I downloaded the demo last thing last night (40 mins for 170mb I was impressed).

I haven't played it much but what I have played reminds me of Apocolypse but I'll make a final decision when I play more of the demo tonight.