games you are playing

Cruis.In

I'm playing right now;

PC

Baulder's Gate 2: SoA...still trying to combine the 'right' party.

Mafia: Good, but i wish the cars were just a little faster, missions are fun though.

BCMG: Just testing out different ships, exploring...exploring...exploring. You know how it is.

PS2

Madden 2004

Romance of Three Kingdoms 8

NBA Live 2003

The Sims

And all of these i will drop as soon as UC comes out.

Games I'm playing (and love)

BCMG

Max Payne 1 & 2

Mafia (This is one bad mofo)

FreeLancer (sry guys)

HomeWorld 1

Alien Vs Predator 2

Morrowind

All very good games

I tried planetside and gotta say it was a blast, but i'm not paying 10 - 12$ a month

i think so far ill get never winter nights gold edition... then morrowind. i cant justify 49.99 for Halo. thats hollow. the game is two years old they can take it and shove it up.....

that 49.99 is uc money, oh i have it all budgeted. here is my list of to get.

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic November 18th, 2003

BCG A.K.A. Universal Combat

Battlecruiser Online 2005

DEUS EX 2 - 2003 Winter

Half Life 2

Halo 2

Doom 3

I edit it often. release etc...just to keep track.

Games I'm currently playing:

Hidden and Dangerous 2

UFO Aftermath

Temple of Elemental Evil

LOMAC demo

Silent Storm demo

Sub Command

And of course the classics I never really stop playing like Falcon 4 SP3, Op Flashpoint, Europa Universalis, BCM, Thief 2 fan missions etc.

1) Max Payne 2 - Very ho-hum, IMO, and not worth the $50 asking price. Beat it in about 4-5 hours, also consists of one part game to three parts video/comic. There's maybe 2 hours of actual *game* included. 5/10

2) Halo - I didn't like it on the XBox and I *hate* it on the PC. It's repetitive, uninspired, and the engine/graphics *look* like they belong to a two year old game (which they do). The poor performance is another slap in the face as well. 2/10

3) UFO Aftermath - Great, great game. Not as complex as older XCom games, but it's been so long I won't complain. Captures the atmosphere of the first two XCom's splendidly and offers a simple, yet elegent RTS-TBS-RPG gameplay system. 9/10

4) Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic - AoW has become one of my favorite franchises since Heroes of M&M. Like a mix of all the great things about D&D, Disciples, and Kohan. 9/10

5) Scrivener's Pro Photographer - Ok, so not a real *game* per se. Just got my Olympus C-740 3.2MP Ultra Zoom digital camera from Costco (10x Optical Zool w/ Super-Macro mode). Who knew taking pictures could be so much fun? Since Costco has the best return policy in the world, waiting to the Canon PowerShot A80 to come in (They rotate their stock) so I can just exchange.

6) Temple of Elemental Evil - Won't touch it till the patch comes out. Had to restart three times due to game-killing bugs (including one that results in all new saves being corrupt) and called it quits. There's a brilliant 9/10 game in there somewhere, but its too broken to see. 1/10

7) Savage - The best thing to happen to online gaming since Microsoft's Allegiance. VERY highly recommend. 8/10

8) Morrowind - Although I admit I sunk hundreds of hours into it, Morrowind dosn't even register on my top 10 RPGs of all time list. I instead recommend downloading VMWare Workstation and setting up a virtual Win98 Virtual Machine on which to play 'TES2:Daggerfall.' A FAR supperior game to Morrowind in every way. Morrowind 6/10, Daggerfall 10/10

9) Hearts of Iron - I'm a big fan of Europa Universalis 1 & 2, and when this first came out it was a relative disaster. Since then there have been a number of patches that almost make this the great game it should be. If you pick this up, download the patches before jumping in. 7/10

10) Combat Mission 1 & 2 - The best turn-based WW2 tactical strategy game ever created. So realistic that military procedural handbooks act as strategy guides. Now available at retail in exclusive beefed-up Special Editions (Has been available on the internet for direct sales for years). 10/10

11) Korsun Pocket - A higher-level WW2 tactical STBS. Things like supply come into play here and the WONDERFUL manual will get even the most clueless gamer playing like a grognard in no time. HIGHLY recommend. 10/10

12) Lock-on Modern Air Combat Demo - Flight enthusiasts and armchair-pilots have been waiting for this Flanker 2-sequel for years. FINALLY the demo has been released and I can blow the dust off of my ol' HOTAS Cougar Flightstick. Only played for a few minutes but it looks AMAZING. Can't wait to put some more time into this one. 9/10 TENTATIVE

13) Call of Duty Demos - More of the same here. I am *not* impressed. It's just MoHAA all over again. Where's the blood? Why are the levels so damned linear? Why do all the soldiers look like the same guy? I mean, is this WW2 or Attack of the Clones? These WW2 shooters are saturday morning cartoons, not war epics. I'm disgusted. 1/10

14) Hidden & Dangerous 2 - Just picked this up but havn't played it yet. Including it here as it's the rare exception, an M-rated WW2 game. Maybe this one has the grit and stark realism that is so shamefully missing in *other* WW2 shooters. No score.

America's Army. What can I say but cool. I know it's been around for a while but all the other versions didn't work right on my system. But I took a chance and downloaded the new 1.9 version 604mb download. It works great finally. Going thru the tutorials now I've done most of them and I'm up to medic training. But one thing keeps nagging at me. I get the feeling the ARMY is watching me and I'm going to be drafted!!! NOOOO... . Since you need to send the completion stats to your registered name on their web site. That was another adventure trying to get a name no one else had believe it or not no one had this name "AmericanStorm" well that's my name. Anyway, I did pretty good on the marksman training even got a Snipers Badge out of it. My favorite training was the parachute.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

i think so far ill get never winter nights gold edition... then morrowind. i cant justify 49.99 for Halo. thats hollow. the game is two years old they can take it and shove it up.....

that 49.99 is uc money, oh i have it all budgeted. here is my list of to get.

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic November 18th, 2003

BCG A.K.A. Universal Combat

Battlecruiser Online 2005

DEUS EX 2 - 2003 Winter

Half Life 2

Halo 2

Doom 3

I edit it often. release etc...just to keep track.

all i can say is WOW...i wish i was a BC Tester.

I haven't bought any new games because, frankly, most of the new ones are complete garbage rehashes of the same old tired game formulae (cookie cutter fps, rpg, rts). Though I do want to buy Savage. I used to be in the beta and it was badass, though certain circumstances prevent me from going out and buying it. I would play BCMG alot but my attention span is far too short to do anything cool. So lately I've been playing Day of Defeat. Super awesome half-life mod. Soooo much better than Counter-Strike IMO. Problem is you gotta play it through crappy Steam. I'm downloading OMF. Was following it for a while and completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Hey, here's a surprise... these two new games are actually pretty good:

1) Nosferatu - This is one of those blessed rare games that manages to suck you in with it's fantastic atmosphere. Graphically similar to Arx Fatalis, it's deep, interesting, and scary.

2) The Black Mirror - Generally I end up hating most Dreamcatcher/Adventure Company games, but Black Mirror is a real change for the company. It's almost like a horror version of The Longest Journey. It could maybe have used some more alternate solutions for a few of the puzzles (Where you have the right idea, but the game dosn't tell you that your on the right track so you may sometimes give up on that idea and get stuck, having known the solution all along, just not executing it correctly), but is overall a very good adventure title. With Runaway also now available in the states and Uru due out in a couple weeks, we'll have three decent new adventure games. Let's hope this marks a true resurrection of the genre.