Anybody here play Delta Force 2?

SpacePhish

quote:

If it's anything like the demo: no thanks...

I don't know whatsup with that, never played the demo. IMHO it's a pretty cool, better than rainbow 6 (too claustrophobic for me).

quote:

The MP aspect, at least in coop mode is fun, but the game looks horrible. So I binned it.

I don't know man, to me it looks alright. The voxel engine is not that bad smile.gif...

If BCM's marine combat is anything like the multiplayer, oh my god...

I don't know about Rouge Spear. Actually I haven't play that many games to judge MP, but I sure had fun playing Delta F 2. It's sort of give you the feeling of war, especially with the huge playing field, and there is virtually no lagging in this game.

Spacephish, how is it with all the patches installed?

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Chief Security Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Yes there is lag, but not that much. So when you shoot you will have to lead a litte in front of the person if they're running. Man, GET THIS GAME! This game is truly the bomb. Ever played the game Navy Seals? It's sort like that, except much better. Imagine Navy Seal with very realstic terrain, grass to hide behind smile.gif, hills to overrun, gun placment to man, flags to capture, team deathmatch to deathmatch, King of the Hill to to dominate, all the madness of war, with 50 other people at the same time! The game is insane.

Something to keep me busy till BCM...oh yeah, I haven't abandon my MOD project yet, I'm just enjoying my spring break for now, will get over it in a few days smile.gif.

Yes, I've played Navy Seals...an oldie but goodie! smile.gif I've also played the first Delta Force about a year ago when I got it in the bargain bin. Graphics were a bit bad, but it was still fun nevertheless.

Hmm, depends. Well I think it's worth it... You are a Marine right? You will LOVE THIS GAME!!! Trust me dude, go get it...

smile.gif It's kick-ass grunt level combat at it's best...

BTW you better have a good system to play it, since the game DOES not support 3Dfx hardware acceleration support(runs pretty smooth in software at 640*480), but if you own a Nivida 32bit card then you will have 3D acceleration.

On the m.p server I'm know as For Real, lately I been doing alot of sniping at 800+meters plus with my Barret Light .50

I think we need to get bunch of BC players toghter so we can form a BC squad...

P.S It's late, I probably don't make any sense whatsoever...

Ok, sold! Will pick it up this coming weekend, as I already made this weekend's trip to EB! An ex-Marine's game! smile.gif I think I read on EB's webpage that the U.S. Army is looking at it for a training aid.

Oh, and yes, you do make perfect sense, SpacePhish!

Guest aramike01

Da Phish appears to be making more sense when it's late than usual... You okay? biggrin.gif

Did you say Marine-style action? Maybe I (a general non-gamer) will even take a look!

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

Recruitment Officer

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Guest Ron Wallin

hmm-- all they had in the demo was the M4A1-- i was sniping with that at 500-- but to play with a .50 would be fun-- I love sniping.

I currently play the Counter-Strike Mod for Half-Life--They've got an Artic Warfare (AWP) that's a good one shot one kill from unreal distances.

If it's got some 3D accel(the demo was only 640x480 in software/yuk) it may be worth a second try.

I'm for getting the game and starting a BC player group.

Cool, excellent. Forming a B.C squad would be very cool.

*sc*: You have the game? What is your handle, have you been playing game recently?

You can usually catch me on the Team DeathMatch server or the King of the Hill,Team King of the hilll server, also do a little seach and destroy one in awhile, don't you just love that beachead scenerio? Saving Private Ryan style smile.gif

*Ron*: I had halflife but I got rid of it before my internet connection speed went up(I used to have download speed around 2.0k/s)

But I do remember playing Team Fortress at my homeboy's house, it's was alot of fun. But if you like sniping Delta Force will let you snipe from 1km away, they won't even know what hit them if turn tracer's off :P

oh man team fortress is so much fun...even on my pentium 133....i used to be pretty good at it. i would switch between hwguy and engineer. i just loved that BIG gun. smile.gif

------------------

Commander Cruis.In

Spectre Fleet

CEO, Sygan Star Station

ICV Defiance

"Dare to be defiant"

Definitly! I still play TFC once in a while, though not recently (work's keeping me busy). I'll either play Sniper or Pyro. I love circle strafing HW guys with the flame thrower on full blast and watching them cook... heh heh =)

Well Mr.Phish I believe you when you say DF is good though I can't seem to get myself to buy it when I have all this 3-D accelerated love in my game systems. Have fun though folks!!

Ok, SpacePhish...I finally picked up Delta Force 2 earlier than expected. Lemme get the newest patches and a few days to get the hang of it. When you are ready to form the BC Squad...email or ICQ me.

[This message has been edited by ShoHashi (edited 03-27-2000).]

Okay, cool! Enjoy dude...

Currently I'm in the process of moving to Earthlink(yep, aol finally did it, I'm kicking them to the curb), so I may be out for a few days, catch me on the server if you could, I'm know as *ATL*for real? That's squad Above The Law...I joined them before this thing came up, but I can kick them to curb anytime smile.gif Anything for the B.C community smile.gif

P.S Anyway I have this idea about squad, we can tie it into B.C somehow, if S.C allows it. We can *pretend* we are in the psi-deck simulation thing, you know the one on the battlecruisers... we are just bunch of Galcommies re-living the good ole days of human warfare smile.gif...see you guys on the battle-field soon...

P.P.S(pms?)

Okay I will set-up a web-site as soon as we straight out some of the squad details, I will do it, but I want input from you guys smile.gif

OUt...

P.P.P.S(this time I'm just high on coffee)

Oh yeah, that's right I'm still doing the BC MOD thing...