System Shock 2 rules!

Rippen

Ok, I know this is kinda goofy, but I just picked up System Shock 2 at CompUSA for $16 bucks (normally it's 20, but I get a feaky-deaky discount).

Anyway, this game rules!! I was totally blown away!! I was expecting a Half Life clone (one of my favorites), but this game, IMHO, blows Half Life away!!

Have any of you guys played the original System Shock? Is it on the same lines as SS2? Know where I can get it?

Welcome to the world of System Shock Rippen! I happen to have the original System Shock sitting around.. alas, I've had some troubles getting the sound working, and it's the floppy version, but if you want it (and I'd imagine you do, it's a freaking classic) give me a yell on ICQ (1293359) and I'll see if I can send it to ya. Most stores probably don't even have it in stock anymore, so I'd imagine it'd be a smidgen difficult to purchase it normally without breaking your neck from being on the phone so much..

Oh, and if you're ever up for a multiplayer co-op game of SS2 sometime, give me a yell, I'll see if I can yank up 400 megs of room to get this baby installed.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Yeah SS2 is pretty awesome (HL is still a bit better in my book but hey smile.gif ), definitly the scariest game I've ever played.

SS1 is very much on the same lines as as SS2, the graphics for it's time where unmatched. You can't remap the keys configurations and it's a purely DOS program so you have to do some futzing around with it to get it running (what better group of people to be telling this to wink.gif ). Other then that it's a totaly fun game.

Even though I played it when it originaly came out, I recently replaced my missing old copy. Finiding it is hard, I actually ended up getting it off of E-Bay. Try and get the "enhanced" CD-ROM version, not the floppy disk version.

You may want to keep your eye out for a game that just went gold called Dues Ex, it's by one of the main guys who created the original System Shock.

I just got SS2 as well, not bad, but there are a few things that are slightly annoying at times.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.