Klingon Academy/Terminus first looks

Parias

Heh, posted in there already pretty far up the thread... figured I'd stay cool, lest it erupt into a massive flame war. As much as I'd enjoy that (the damn game doesn't support alt-tabbing, those bastage developers!), I'm none too much in the mood at the moment smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

[This message has been edited by Parias (edited 07-08-2000).]

Guest aramike01

After reading that guy's post I felt compelled to go over there and point some of that nonsense out.

------------------

Cmdr. Michael Kristophers

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, Spectre StarStation

ICV-Intrepid

"You won't get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole!"

Guest aramike01

Interesting little battle over there. That guy MohammadX is making himself look more and more foolish by the post. I find it interesting how everone else over there with a differing opinion seems to be rather civil about it, while this guy's spews waste with every sentence.

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Guest aramike01

Parias, that's as shameless as it gets! biggrin.gif

------------------

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Intrepid

Parias.... you really should do something about those garden gnomes..

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Why? SomethingAwful has Jeff K, VoodooExtreme has Sweet Dick, PlanetHalf-Life has (had) Walter, and I have radioactive garden gnomes! What's wrong with that? No need to insult them just because they're... because they're... *sniff* different!

*Breaks down blubbering*

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Well, they DID attack you biggrin.gif maybe you should try to talk to them work out your differances. biggrin.gif just teasin ya Parias, they do add spice to your reviews.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

quote:

...This damn piece of crap made me uninstall Klingon Academy just so I could plop it on here!...

hehehe, I told ye to get rid of some of that junk ye had on the ole HDD there Parias. But ye didn't have to can KA confused.gif

Taking into account yer legendary skill with the written prose, I will take a pass on this form of entertainment that this title, Terminus, portends to embellish. Not that I was interested anyway biggrin.gif

TTFN

Heh, I'd have avoided it if I could Gallion, but I've got one of those damned hard drives that mysteriously run out of room the very second you turn your back. Meaning that I couldn't really find much else to delete smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

Heh, check out this... hey, more hits for me!

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

LOL!!!

Alright Paris!

I'll give 2 thumbs up for you and your Garden Gnomes. Keep up the good work!

smile.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

my do they love to flame, betcha they woun't be happy until a bunch of clones start writing perfect reviews of their favorite games. I foubd the review quite funny.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Guest milod

I dunno. I think the real issue is that Parias decided and publicly stated that he was going to give the game a bad review before he had even installed the thing:

quote:

Now it's time to move on to Terminus........ my first bad game review, I can't wait!

This certainly gave me the impression that he never even intended to give the game a fair shake. Now, of course a review is supposed to present the opinion of the reviewer. But hopefully, this opinion will have been formed while actually playing the game, not from looking at the box.

--milo

Trust me Milod, despite what I said on here, I had every intention of giving the game a fair chance. What I do on Hardnews only rarely directly ties into what I do on here, if at all.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

Milod makes a good point. Parias, please explain!

One thing I do not want and which is already happening, is people thinking that because you come here, that your review of Terminus was biased. Thats not very good and I frown at the notion.

I just want to say that Parias is a welcome member of this community, but his views are entirely his own and do not reflect those of others here who have not acknowledged same.

I for one think that Terminus doesn't go anywhere. X:BTF is a better product and will probably get better with Xtension. Terminus is not for everyone and like every niche title, will have its own fans. Even some of my own beta testers can't stand it, while 1 or 2, like parts of it. Nothing wrong with that. I hated it because it doesn't do anything that I have'nt seen before, done better elsewhere.

That is all.

As I said SC, while I'm a part of the community here, my reviews and previews don't really tie in here at all. Despite what I may have said, I still had every intention of giving this game a fair trial before reviewing it, which is why I took as much time as I could to play the game to death before starting on my review. Yeah, I love BC3k, and yeah, I'm eagerly awaiting BCM like everyone else on this forum. And yes, I did indeed state before-hand that the game would be getting a bad review, which as I now understand was probably a mistake on my part.

When I made that initial comment, I was referring to the fact that the demo had flushed my registry and the way the box had shown up (along with the fact that I heard on the Station Terminus forums that I wasn't the only one who had it showing up in that condition) were both facts that had me already concerned about this game. But those were both minor issues in my review, and I believe I stated pretty clearly what issues I had.

And like I keep saying to other people, I gave it a 5, instead of my original idea for a 4 or 3, since it _DOES_ have a few good points to it, and I admit that I had fun with it for the first little while. I stand by my review of the game.

And yeah, you're correct SC, believe me, if my review was as biased against it as most make it out to be, I wouldn't be with the page anymore smile.gif

Well, on the plus side, at least I now know how sites like EvilAvatar have it. Anybody remeber the riot that ensued after his Tribes review? *Grin*

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

[This message has been edited by Parias (edited 07-14-2000).]