Breed

Terran Marine

quote:

Originally posted by Terran Marine:

Halo Killer

Halo Killer? give me a mother f***ing break

B|R|E|E|D is no where NEAR what Halo is, the story line is completly different and its set in a completly different universe. Yes parhaps earth was taken over by the breed, but last I checked it wasn't ONE man going against impossible odds in breed. More like a squad of reguler soldiers

Diffenantly NOT a halo killer, those bone heads there have no clue what there talking about (that board is filled with a lot of Anti-Halo idiots anyway)

I guess this is to be expected since mindless fools troll that forum, a lot of them don't realize that Halo was received back in 2000/2001 last I checked B|R|E|E|D HASN'T even been release'd so quite frankly, they can't compare either game at all since both games are different, BREED will probably have better graphics than HALO which is true it just might, but thats the only thing that might make BREED better than Halo, everything else is horse shit

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

quote:

Halo Killer

Excuse me! Asterisk's or not PLEASE refrain from that sort of language here. This is a family board Kalshion.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

quote:

Halo Killer

B|R|E|E|D is no where NEAR what Halo is, the story line is completly different and its set in a completly different universe. Yes parhaps earth was taken over by the breed, but last I checked it wasn't ONE man going against impossible odds in breed. More like a squad of reguler soldiers

Diffenantly NOT a halo killer, those bone heads there have no clue what there talking about (that board is filled with a lot of Anti-Halo idiots anyway)

I guess this is to be expected since mindless fools troll that forum, a lot of them don't realize that Halo was received back in 2000/2001 last I checked B|R|E|E|D HASN'T even been release'd so quite frankly, they can't compare either game at all since both games are different, BREED will probably have better graphics than HALO which is true it just might, but thats the only thing that might make BREED better than Halo, everything else is horse shit

whoa. hey now Kalshion, take it easy there buddy.

You seem a little upset this morning, please, turn it down a few.

Thanks.

My reason for it not being the Halo Killer, is that it lacks a sense of realism that Halo had. That and it has some major plotholes, like how the Breed got to Earth and destroyed the USC Fleet without the use of capital ships and how a single USC Carrier(A rustbucket operating with a skeleton crew) is thwarting the breed while in plain site of everything.

• 2 months later...

I just played through this demo. Maybe I'm easy to please, but I was impressed. Halo killer? Not sure why its compared to Halo. Yeah they both have aliens. If anything, Halo is formulaic gameplay, albeit, very well done. Breed seems to be trying to do something new, and deeper.

In the Breed demo, you start out on a capital ship in space outside the Earth's atmosphere, load a tank on a dropship, jump in the dropship. Pilot the dropship through space, enter the earth's atmosphere, dogfight some alien fighters, take out 2 or 3 SAM sites. Then you land, jump into the tank, unload it from the dropship. You and 2 or 3 buddies move through a set of waypoints, taking out aliens with the tank. Jump out of the tank and fight on foot, giving commands to your buddies, Freedom Fighters style.

Don't confuse it with UC/BC, this is NOT a sim. But I thought it was pretty cool. Its probably mission based. Maybe it compares more to Knightblade, but only the SC could say.