Space Sims Debuting....

Well, UFS-Vanguard has been canned: www.stomped.com

Something is fishy with Terminus: http://www.stationterminus.com/cgi-bin/ubb...e=20&LastLogin=

Klingon Academy has gone gold

Tachyon is trashing Starlancer at retail (heh): http://www.cdmag.com/Home/home.html?articl...trak_june3.html

...and am still wondering what the heck is going on out there. Everyone's jumping on the space sim market like it was going out of style! The list over at www.atfw.net is mind boggling.

I was sorta looking forwart to seeing how vanguard was....Oh well.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Hi SC! Some of this is good news but I was looking foward to seeing UFS Vanguard. It first caught my eye when I was on the Independence War site. I seen a link to the A Talent For War site, I haven't been there for awhile but I do know that they are sometimes badley out of date. Anyway I seen an article about UFS Vanguard and I was thanking U.F.S.. That was the name of the system that I had in mind on creating. I read the article and it sounded VERY interesting. The article had a link to the games website, so of corse I clicked it. I had NO idea what I was about to stumble on. Now to all of you BC3K fans out there it sounded like another BC3K copycat. But it was not an OPEN ENDED type of game.

You will alaways have the same crew, you will be able to switch between 3 or 4 different ships as your alter ego progresses. You do have the ability to walk in FPS & FPS on planets. But when I seen that it was story driven than that told me different. I seen the screenshot's and they are GREAT! but it still has somting missing. Somting that I truly need. Somting that only BC3K has and will only be able to give me. Well for now anyway. FREEDOM!

See ya!

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

quote:

I was sorta looking forwart to seeing how vanguard was....Oh well.

Who needs to see Vaguard when BCM will be IMHO ten times better? smile.gif I'm sure you won't be disappointed with BCM!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Actually SC, Klingon Academy isn't gold yet, but it's expected to be done some time this month... *defty leaps into a nearby duct to avoid being shoved out the airlock*

And anyways, if it was gold, you'd definately know, because the developers would be publicly complaining about me constantly pestering them for a review copy.. smile.gif

Speaking of review copies, I've got one of Terminus coming in, so I'll be sure to let you all know of my impressions once the ever-lovable Fed-Ex guy shows up.

Tachyon.. got a copy of that too, and I really enjoyed it. Took me a couple of days to beat, as for Starlancer, I hear people beat it in a single day and that it only has 24 missions.. bleh!

Haven't really heard much about Vanguard before.. probably because I'm lazy smile.gif From what I'm hearing here though, sorry to see it canned..

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan