Diablo 2 patch?

Andergum

heh.. just saw over at voodooextreme that Diablo 2 already has a patch that fixes umpteen things... hmmmm

Considering that the game isn't even out yet, this is either really good support or really bad releasing. I'm hoping the former since I plan on getting this one...but this is the first time I can recall a game patch being released before the game. frown.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 06-27-2000).]

It does make one wonder how releasing a patch is possible or even practical at this point.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

This is Diablo - releasing a patch is very practical because when people connect to battlenet the game will automatically patch itself.

[This message has been edited by canusa (edited 06-30-2000).]

I believe that Andergum said Diablo 2 not one. Releasing a patch for 1 is logical, but releasing a patch for a game not out yet doesn't make much sense.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.

Unless of course it's a patch created due to the extensive beta testing that they've been doing and of which I was a part of. It wouldn't surprise me at all. The game is great BTW, if you liked Diablo at all your going to love this game =)

Diablo 2 has probably already been mastered, and the Developers have found a few more bugs in the code, and have released their patch very quickly. Perhaps they are trying to make their publisher look slow, releasing the patch before the publishers have released the game?

------------------

Commander Robert Martin

GCV-Dark Knight

Prime Fleet

S26 Commander, Beta Wing

The game is out already, it was at my local, neighborhood Electroics Boutique store, a whole bunch of them.

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

quote:

Originally posted by GREG MILLER:

The game is out already, it was at my local, neighborhood Electroics Boutique store, a
whole
bunch of them.

Heh, Greg, sometimes EBX puts up dummy boxes that are completely empty and have a big "Coming soon" sticker on 'em. Do you think that maybe you saw those? smile.gif

Erik

I talked to my local Babbages and they said either today or tomorrow. Pre-orders are probably out though.

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

ICV Gummy 1

ICQ # 215323

Nope, no "Comming Soon" sticker there.

What does crack me up about this place is that on their 2 sided bargan rack, they have a copy of BC3K on each side. Now here is the kick to this; One side has the v2.0 that we all know and love from Interplay. And on the other side resides the v1.0 silver box. When I was in there around Christmas time, I had noticed this and put the two together so that then next purchaser would know to pick the better copy. But again, they are on opposite sides. frown.gif

Well SC I tried. smile.gif

btw I picked up "Birth of the Federation" from the same rack for a mere $10, and the v2.0 for a friend.

------------------

CMDR GREG 'GMAN' MILLER

ORION FLEET

FLEET EXECUTIVE OFFICER

T.B.G. NIGHTWATCH COMMANDER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Those copies where prob real. I bought mine yesterday at Software Etc. I had to barter with the guy for a bit though since he wasn't supposed to sell outside of pre-orders till today. I made my charisma roll -2 and cast charm and it worked (har har, must... get out of... fantasy roll palying.... mode). Played it for about 6 hours last night, woohoo!!! Now I wont have time to play again till maybe Sunday frown.gif Crack addiction would be easier.

I would have to say, if you didn't like the original Diablo skip this one, but if you where in any way a Diabloholic you wont be dissapointed.

Hmm, perhaps it's time I started ragging Blizzard for a review copy... smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Picked up a copy today.. so it is definately out. I'm going on vacation for a week and I plan to do some serious gaming!!! with Klingon Academy and Diablo 2 I think I'll be pretty busy

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

ICV Gummy 1

ICQ # 215323