Star Trek: Elite Force Demo

Parias

Best thing since the toilet. 'Nuff said. Dust off that dimpy little slowdem, or polish your fat pr0n pipes, because this baby's here at 100+ meg and well worth it! Expect a review of it on Hardnews in a day or two (already have some 40-odd screenshots taken.. the fun part is picking 8 out of those) with my thoughts. Just letting you all know.. if you're a self-respecting FPS fan, download this, NOW.

Quake 3 might have blown some chunks (at least in my humble opinion, lets not get into an opinion war here though.. heh) but it had a fine engine.. Raven did a damn good job with that engine. Sweet, sweet game. I've alreay prepped my razzing email to send to the developers once the game is gold so that I can nab a press copy smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

Best thing since the toilet. 'Nuff said. Dust off that dimpy little slowdem, or polish your fat pr0n pipes, because this baby's here at 100+ meg and well worth it!

Good lord Parias, where did you score that? Raven's site isn't helping me at all smile.gif

VE and all the major gaming sites posted word as soon as it was released.. Fileplanet has a 24-hour exclusive on it, but I think 3dfiles coughed up some mirrors anyways.. smile.gif"><P>I------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you're passing by and feel like dropping in, keep passing by untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Man this is so sweet... Quake 3 had an excellent game engine and little game to it, but take the engine and add a game, hmmmm this looks like the real deal. Totally cool to be walking around the Bridge of Voyager, (too bad I didn't have a weapon at the time or I would have shot Janeway in the head.. biggrin.gif ) and the Borg cube!! WOW.. really creepy seeing the Borg eye lasers coming at you... It looks they really did a good job on this one. Can't wait for the full version...

------------------

Cmdr. Andergum

Spectre Fleet

Pre. comm. Cmdr. New America StarStation

ICV Gummy 1

Official tester of BC3K the series...

Long live the Insurgency!

ICQ # 215323

Guest Commander Hamblin

Kathryn Janeway got pissed at me for not following orders! I'm so happy! *sigh* She can get pissed at me ANY time she wants! biggrin.gif In fact, she can do whatever she wants to me whenever she wants! biggrin.gif

Wait, sorry, what was the point of this again? Oh, right, the demo. Yes, yes, really good demo, etc, etc...er...

Ok, I admit it! I spent ten hours downloading 115 megs, JUST to hear Kate Mulgrew's divine voice! eek.gif

Sure is great! Can't wait for the full version too! I just played the first two "levels" to it before I had to quit. Quite impressed with it so far.

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Not directly related to the demo, but check out this thread on the Raven forums. Go down to where Kim (of Raven) makes his post... found it rather hilarious. We need more witty developers out there who can both make a mockery of a complete dumbass, and then whip up a post so strong that the guy'll be whimpering for days! You sure that wasn't you in disguise SC? (Kidding smile.gif)

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

• 2 months later...
Guest aramike01

Well, if UPS could get their crap straight, I'd have a copy of the game right now!!!

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

I have the full version and it's a blast. Never played the demo but I can take a pretty solid guess as to where the demo ends and I'll say that the full version keeps getting better from there. It's a bit like Half-Life in terms of gameplay in that's it's pretty linear but something new and wierd seems to happen around every corner.

Haven't gone too far but I've heard that the game is rather short, most people seem to be finishing it in 2 days so Id say try and find a better price (I've heard that it's being sold for around $35 in some places).

So far I've found 1 tip of the hat to Half-Life in the game, listen for some techno-bable spoken by the half klingon girl (don't watch the show so I don't know most of their names) while your in engineering... If your a HL fan you'll catch it.

I got it about about a week ago and have it beat already. I really didn't think it was that short. I thought it was pretty good. The multiplayer part of it is okay, but I wouldn't rate it as good as my favorite, Unreal Tournament.

------------------

Commodore ShoHashi

ICV Aries, New Frontier (Rinaal)

Station Commander, New Frontier

Bishamon Fleet

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

I got the game on Monday. Beat it Tuesday morning. 'Nuff said.

I think this sums it up nicely smile.gif

20000925l.jpg

Damn good game while it lasts though.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Awaiting final assignment

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

Its good, but short. I finished it in two days too.. but partly because I was so engrossed in it. Its very good while it lasts!!

Been playing botmatches a bit too... setting up team deathmatches with the Borg vs. Species 8472 can be a blast!!!

Still like UT better though for team play.

------------------

Vice Admiral Andergum

ICV Gummy 1, New America StarStation (Midae)

Fleet Leader - Eversor Fleet

http://www.firstworld.net/~andergum/

ICQ # 215323

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series.

Found it at local wish store - didn't strike me fancy. Not fer the $49 they be a wantin' fer it. after reading this I shant be dropping a penny towards procurement. Maybe, just maybe when it hits the bargain bin.

TTFN

[This message has been edited by Gallion (edited 10-01-2000).]

I thought the demo sucked personally. I mean, it was like playing Quake except with Star Trek technology. There was almost no strategy involved at all. The multiplayer was fun......for about 10 minutes. I wouldn't waste my money on the game itself.

------------------

Commander Bandus

GCV Defiant, Starbase Masada

Wing Leader, Wraith Fleet/Hammerhead Wing

"Universal Peace Through Deadly Force"

I've got the full version and I love it, and I don't even like Star Trek! The only reason I got it was because I heard so many fantastic reviews. I beat the day I got it but it was so much fun I didn't really mind. The fact that you spend alot of the game with other Hazard team members fighting along side you really sets this apart from the rest of crowd. I highly recommend this to any FPS fan.

Guest aramike01

I just got it today...well, almost. Someone tell me: does it make any damn sense for UPS to deliver in a residential area at around 11am? I mean, aren't most residents working at that hour? Grrrrr........ mad.gif

------------------

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Guest CmdrBlacky

Like Quake3? Like UT? with Star Trek?

Game play time of 5 minutes? That about it?

What a rip! That's why I stopped picking up every game that looked good and only got games that are good.

Guest aramike01

Got the game. The whole "plain-ole-shooter" concept would have been nice, if they would have kept to it. The firefights were cool, actually. But I got turned off really early - the engineering fiasco near the beginning of the game. There's something about "press button downstairs, press button upstairs" that I just don't find entertaining. Either require brain-power or leave that crap out! I'm not a Star Trek fan, btw - I only like the movies. However, I think that averting a warp-core breach would be a tad more complicated than touching a couple of control panels.

Ahh, well - back to Deus Ex!

------------------

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet