Dark Basic & StarWraith

Silk

I know that all of us here are Space Sim fans so I thought I would mention this little gem I found today. I'm interested in someday making my own programs and I saw an episode of the Screensavers on TechTV where they talked about this new game making language called DarkBasic. I was checking it out today and I was looking at some of the programs made with it on there Gallery and I came across this game called StarWraith. I decided to check it out, I went to the site and downloaded the demo. Practically everything is disabled in the demo, except you can play one randomly created attack wave in different environments. It is no where on the level of BC3000AD but I was majorly impressed with it. It's a fast & fun sim with pretty good graphics. I am definitely downloading DarkBasic and trying it out. I might also get the full version for StarWraith. It's interesting why the guy made this game. Everything he's looking for is actually in BC3KAD. Here's the web address www.starwraith.com Let me know what you think. The dogfighting flight dynamics are pretty good. And the speed is amazing for being devolped in a BASIC language.

[This message has been edited by Silk (edited 11-19-2000).]