Star Trek: Away Team....?

Ok, here we go again, there is a new Activision Trek Title sitting on the shelves, and it looks really cool....Activision does have 1 flop to their name "Armada" and one jewel "Elite Force". I am really afraid to spend the $40 on this..because I loved X-COM, Jagged Alliance and the Fallout Tactics demo.....does this title suffer from the PC Trek Curse of doom....or not, I can't really find any reviews of it yet....

------------------

Commander Korono Lakeela

GCV King Crimson - Fenrir Starbase(Fenrir)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/Maurader Wing

"..we pick our fights...and we finish our fights.."

From what I have heard the game is a lot like Fallout Tactics. I haven't actually played or seen the game in action. So, my recomendation is just wait 2 months and then check again.

The review in PC Gamer was pretty good. I don't like this kind of games very much, but if you do I suggest you give it a shot. You can always return it if you don't like it.

Or, you can save your money for BCM, 'cause it will be sooooo much better.

------------------

See you out there, among the stars

Cmdr Nava, GCV Nemesis (Official BC3k tester)

Think of it as Commandos meets Deep Space 9 and you can't go wrong smile.gif

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

External Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

• 4 weeks later...

Likewise I was looking at this game with some interest, I believe you can download a demo from GAMESPOT.com but its a BIG download and considering I have only a 56K dial up connection I wasn't going to try download it, so I'm just waiting for a review to pop up in a few places and then make my decision now that I have the cash for BCM stashed away nicely hidden.

Has anybody seen the previews for Star Trek Bridge commander?

I think the tried that type of thing before with Klingon academy and stuff and it just didn't pan out. As far as capitol class starship command goes the BC series is the only one I have played that is enjoyable to play and realistic(as I'd imagine it to be anyway.) and with BCM on the way I think they are fighting a loosing battle.....!

The only thing holding my interest in Bridge Commander is that's it's beeing done by the people who created X-Wing and Tie Fighter. It'll definitly take some positive reviews and more then a few good comments over at VE for me to buy it though.

Yea that was the main thing that caught my eye aswell I recently bought the X-wing/Tie fighter box set with all the expansion packs and stuff. . . Rocks big time plus it uses direct x in windows. Wait and see what is said in various reviews and play demo(if there is one!)