Avault's I-War II rantings

desolator

(This is mostly for fun. There is no disrespect in any way intended. I even own a copy of I-War 2.)

Has anyone read the Preview of Independence War 2 at www.avault.com? It's hillariously fun to read, since the reviewer obviously hasn't played a BattleCruiser game.

First he says that the universe in the IWar2 game is the largest and most complex one up to date. Um, the BC3K Universe is so much better (as we all know) and larger.

And they claim the autopilot is as advanced as the space. Well, the autopilot in IWar2 can do 5-6 things. The autopilot in BC3K can do nearly anything, except giving the commander a Sux Beer. (space truckers joke)

And they say that multiplaying will be a blast in IWar2. Well, there isn't a continuing universe that keep ticking as BC:M will have.

now someone should put that person infront of a computer with a BC game installed.

quote:

Almost three years ago, Particle Systems released a space-combat simulator called Independence War. This title was, as some said, the very product Battlecruiser 3000AD should have been

LOL.

Indeed. That's like saying that Freespace 2 was better at doing a free-form universe than BC3k. Come on, for the love of gawd here writers, you're doing the space-gaming-variety equal of apples and oranges!

Which is why I don't even pay Avault any attention anymore. I don't have a f*cking clue what David and co are doing over there, but I won't be surprised if the site, just ups and dies one of these days. I've read reviews over there that made me whince.

...which is exactly why I never sent them a preview copy of BCM. I can't be bothered. And its not like they don't have competent writers, I think they're just tossing up as much crap as possible and I doubt that David is even reading them. I mean, that excerpt that Parias posted is just an example of just how hilarious it can get.

They might as well have assigned a sports game writer to review I-War2.

Besides, its generally known that multiplayer in IW2, well, sux.

*sigh*