Independence War 2 Demo

The Independance War 2 Demo is out. You can get it at: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/iwar2/ http://www.3dfiles.com/games/edgeofchaosin...dencewar2.shtml http://games.worldonline.cz/clanek/demo.asp?id=1545

though it IS a 200 Meg dload!

I got it and it is no BCM, but it is no Wing Cmdr either. It is a game in itself. The graphics are Great, especially the ship models, and it runs smooth on a GF3 . I find the flight model quite unique, I actually like it a bit.

On the other hand, the characters in the cutscenes look quite poor. Also the game seems quite limited to BCM

Worth the dload IMO (but then again, I'm on a cable... )

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I liked it. The cutscenes looked great IMHO, and it had the same great classic gameplay as the original.. albeit, improved now. Like the new engineering interface... I wasn't sure if the scripting checked for thermal signature when I hid in the cargo area right after the first few moments of the game, but just in case, I hit alt+e and cut power to all my systems. I wish there was a bit more control over what precisely one could cut power to though, rather than just a general bar... what do I do if I want to cut power to everything except the maneuvering thrusters and passive sensors?

Overall though I definately like the game.. and the graphics are impressive.

agreed SC, just downloaded and tried it (interestingly, a server in checkoslovakia (or however you spell that) gives you 165kb transfer rate while one in new york only gives 17kb =P

Graphics...impressive. Flight engine... impressive. They really re-did their "stations" really well.

The flip side though, its the same arcade I-wanna-be-the-next-wing-commander-please mission by mission with nothing else to do game.

Heck, if they made the ships a LOT bigger, costumizable and made it massive online with more weapons and stuff... itd be a killer!

Im in LOVE with their flight engine, but thats about as far as it goes. Wish I had 10 million to buy its license and hire some geek like Derek to code a game like I want heehee

• 2 weeks later...

Dont think that's him SC. His english sometimes shows a little.. umm.. how shall we say it.. hispanic mannerisms that are easily recognizable

Pablo's been trying to e-mail you concerning some of his art stuff to get your permission to display them...he's even done a set of textures for planets which I must say are damn good . He's sent them to me to check them out, but he wont put them on his website until you give him the green light.

Send me an e-mail [email protected] if ye' interested in speaking with him chief.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after playing the I-War 2 demo, I was so dissapointed that I came very close to cancelling my pre-order. To me it just seemed so... dumbed down. I liked I-War because I felt like I was on a real, working cap-ship. I-War2 feels more like Wing Commander. I guess I was just looking for something a little more complex and deep. Anyway, I reasoned that I wasn't really all that impressed by the BCM demo either; but since I'm sticking that one out for now, I figured I would just keep my pre-order.