Freespace 2

Guest hindot

Guest hindot

To all u who have played the epic, best scripted space combat game ever made, what did u like about the game? Did u enjoy the mission editor? Wished for a sequel? Better multiplayer?

I do enjoy it too. The graphics are more than impressive, the bug guns are very cool, but the game lack gameplay, capital ship driving and don't have enough ship types.

quote:

Yep, I enjoyed FS2 immensely. Too bad it didn't do well at retail though. *sigh*

Ya know why? Because they sold the game on a DVD when DVDs were still a new thing.

My friend bought the game when he had a trip at New york. it comes on 3 CDs...!

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Because they sold the game on a DVD when DVDs were still a new thing.

Uh.. you sure? I think there was a DVD version of the game released, but it sure as hell wasn't any kind of exclusive thing.. the copy sitting right next to me is 100% pure CD

Aye, 3 CDs to it, understandable considering the movies though.

quote:

Originally posted by Plasmic:

Maybe it would have sold better if it had a little yellow Pikachu like critter on the front of the box.

Too true, too true.

Seriously though, I think the reason it didn't sell well was because Interplay mad a complete bollocks of the marketing. Then they went and screwed over the entire FS community by retaining the FS rights when Volition went to THQ. Couldn't say I was totally upset when I heard that Interplay got bought out themselves.

I got FS and FS2 about the same time and was completely hooked for weeks. XWA didn't seem the same after that.........

I like the story and graphics too. Especially good is that you don't have to win every mission, you can't even. I think that adds quite some "realism" (not to forget the anti-spacecraft gun, navigation in nebulas etc.). I still play it from time to time.

Didn't use the mission editor myself but I played some of those made by other player but of course they are not like the "real thing".