What a Find! (Bargain Bin Treasures)

Charles Lindsey

I saw Dark Reign and Netstorm for about 4$ here in Finland, I just wondered have you guys tried them and are they any good. I like strategic games, so maybe I just buy them 8$ is nothing for 2 games anyway.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Papi ]

• 2 months later...

Was shopping in the mall the other day and decided to stop into Gamestop. This store offers games of all kinds from console to PC. They sell new and they take trade ins.

I found Omicron for $4.99 and Warzone 2100 for $5.99.

Warzone is pretty neat.

Can't get Omicron to run. It's like an arrow key on the keyboard is stuck.

Back when I used to sell games, I intentionally picked up a dual pack of Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 for about $2 from my distributor. I knew someday, someone would want it. I had it on the counter for over a year for $15 just for fun. Finally one day this die-hard Ultima fan walks in and says, "OH MY GOD! I WANT THAT!" He then proceded to buy the last few parts he needed to put an old DOS computer together to play it.

Some games stand the test of time.

Well, this was 2 years back when I was in Melbourne, Australia doing my undergraduate. I managed to pick up Syndicate & Syndicate Wars, Sim City 2000, Civilisation 2 and lots of good stuff from the local EB for AUD5.00 or less from the bargain bin.

Don't know if it's still available.