Renagade demo

xierxior

Anyone try out the renagade demo yet I just got done playing for like 4 hours btw alot of people are complaining about bad netcode but it's because there to lazy to set there connection speed... or they cant find it so ahead of time you need to set the connection speed in gamespyarcade.

http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=333&file=84982

[ 02-16-2002, 03:22: Message edited by: xierxior ]

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Renegade the day it came out. As a die-hard C&C fan, I say get the full game. It is worth it even if you didn't like Tiberian Sun.

I'm a RTS fan, and I happen to like Battlezone 2, which is a FP-RTS game. Which means that I don't like those elements in Renegade (demo) :

- Unable to have AI controlled units

- Unable to build structures (like defense turrets)

- Unable to rebuild what has been destroyed

- Unable to upgrade weapons

- No inside view (FP) in tanks

Also graphics are better in Battlezone 2, even thought bz2 is a few years old.

And I like bz2 more also because of the futuristic aspect of the game (althought bz2 goes around 1980-1990, alternate history).. like hovering tanks, energy and semi-material weapons, contruction by bio-metal projection, etc... but renegade isn't that kind of game

I liked playing renegade for a little while... but got bored and went back to bz2

[ 03-04-2002, 23:40: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

I heard that yes.

(I know I'm talking about another game that the forum topic, but anyway everyone on planetbattlezone has been trying to )

Bz2 is considered as a "dead game" by activision and pandemic studios, but the pbz forums get more traffic than this forum A big mod has been released in december (Forgotten enemies part one) and some are coming soon, there are a few fan-made bug fixes (most notably the Stack overflow fix (SOF)) , and some fans are working on the 1.3 patch to fix some issues and add a few goodies. That's one game that doesn't want to die

[ 03-04-2002, 23:44: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

I'm a RTS fan, and I happen to like Battlezone 2, which is a FP-RTS game.

Thats my all time favorite too

I also liked Dark Reign 2

[ 03-05-2002, 07:34: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I actually preferred the original Battlezone from '98 (?). Couldn't quite get into BZ2. Thing is, I swapped BZ1 awhile back and now have the urge to try it out again, but can't find it anywhere without paying postage which costs more than the game itself.

Edit: Any news on a renegade single player demo at all?

[ 03-05-2002, 09:06: Message edited by: Paddy Gregory ]

Looks like CompUSA have a special on Renagade at the moment. They are knocking 20 bucks off the game, and have it for sale at $30. Not bad huh?

Man if i had enough space on my hard drive, I would by it myself

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I also liked Dark Reign 2

Nah, I didn't likes Dark Reign 2 very much... frankly I thought the game was butched... and I somewhat don't like how the graphics and sounds are like... But Dark Reign 1 is one of my all-time favorites... never got to finish the expansion's singleplayer... I got stuck at the second Imperium mission, "Betrayal"

And about bz2 I started to work on modding it I love games that are moddable... and bz2 couldn't be more easily moddable, at least for the weapons... well it's not actually a mod, but I'm really changing the weapons .... I might download the sdk later to do something a little more serious.