Homeworld 2

Forever Light

Umm the system of finding your units is the same as in HW1

just zoom out (using the small wheel on your mouse if there is one)

the further you zoom out the more units appear on your screen (IE there represented by a green symbol, that symbol represents what type of unit they are)

And I thought BC was hard

Im only on mission 4, and I've been trying to beat it for the past 5 freaking hours!

= when they said they improved the AI and made the missions harder they wern't kidding, I feel like im going up against a veteren fleet here!

Hell I can kick Gammulen/insurgent butt eaiser than this!

I set a probe over top of the enemy, which he never noticed. What I saw was the AI being VERY tricky and VERY smart.

I sent a fleet of resources away from my main fleet to gather some resources else where and noticed that as soon as they were about a forth of the way there the enemy dispatched a group. This group headed for the resources O.o I sent my frigates to defend the resourcers, and the enemy sent HIS fleet home. Then half way there he sent that fleet at my MOTHER ship, which was undefending compared to the resourcers. Thus I launched a fighter assault on one of his resources bases and caused that fleet to be recalled in defense (in HL1 the fleets never responded like that for me) After they ran my fighters off my Mothership was already in safety.

This was an AI set on easy

One other thing I noticed, flak frigates are stupid when it comes to the squad thing. They get into the line of fire and shoot at things they can't damage. It is best to keep flak frigates on guard missions to important and less defenseable capital ships so that they can attack hard targets with the flak frigates take out anything that comes close to them. Really the best thing for fighters is gun coverttes or interceptors.

One thing I thought was an awsome add on with HW2 was the ability to target subsystems like engines and fighter building units. Also the fact that ion beams do little or no damage to these subsystems while bombers equiped with special subsystem damaging bombs can do horrible damage interests me. For once everything you build to your mothership actually shows up on the outside as well (Much like Cata) There are already cheats and exploits in use in MP that ruin the game there, but in single player it is awsome