Painkiller Leaked

Supreme Cmdr

• 1 month later...

"Dreamcatcher sent over a note acknowledging that a multiplayer oriented build of the upcoming first person shooter Painkiller intended only for the press has leaked onto the net"

What these guys have to do is stop sending things to press/magazines what ever. If you've read my post in another thread "pirates captured by buccaneers..." "According to court documents, Breen and other Razor1911 members acquired, cracked, and sold advance copies of Quake, Command & Conquer Red Alert, Terminal Velocity, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and many other games.

They acquired advance copies of said titles by posing as reviewers for fictitious game magazines and having them shipped to a derelict storefront address in Oakland.", Need I say more. Just send screen shots and documentation that's all.

quote:

Originally posted by Masefield:

The Demo is
out
!

Got it last night. Played it. Was bored stupid. So I went back to the UT2004 demo.

Don't get me wrong, the physics, environment etc are all great - but you've seen this game before, somewhere. Not sure how they hope to stand up against, oh, lemme see FarCry, Soldner, Joint Operations, Doom3, HL2, UT2004 etc.

quote:

Originally posted by SC:

Got it last night. Played it. Was bored stupid. So I went back to the UT2004 demo.

Don't get me wrong, the physics, environment etc are all great - but you've seen this game before, somewhere. Not sure how they hope to stand up against, oh, lemme see FarCry, Soldner, Joint Operations, Doom3, HL2, UT2004 etc.

I played it for about 30 minutes last night. You're right -- Good eye candy, but pureeing zombies got old rather quickly. Strict run-n-gun.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Yup standard fare FPS but the graphics are nice. I downloaded it last night locked up twice on me within the first five minutes. The first time I tried to play it at 1600x1200 and it just froze on the load screen the second I was at 1028x768 and I got thru three areas started going mad staggered and I got booted to the desktop. Haven't gone back to it since.

I also finally got a working UC demo and have been trying it out since and not one problem yet.

As for UT2004 isn't that game crazy!! Love the vehicles.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

I also finally got a working UC demo and have been trying it out since and not one problem yet.

Give it time

Ah man now you went and done it. You put a HEX on me. Now all I can do is sit and wait for it!!

I said to heck with it and am downloading the Demo for UT2004.

Have heard some great things about it, and have to give it a shot!!

Will let you know what I think, but from the reviews I have seen, looks like it will be fun!!

I found Painkiller a bit boring and quite annoying. I don't like it when you are running around fighting enemines and after you kill a batch new ones spawn under your feet. takes the fun away from the game when you back pedal into an enemy that wasn't there 3 seconds before especially when you can't save.

Stop it! arghh!! Yer hurting my ears. =)

Okay, Yeah Painkiller is a plain jane blind date, but she presents herself like twisted sister

I also been there-done that w/ doom and quake, etc.. But the shear demented presentation of Painkiller facinates me! OMG! Its so twisted! I can't imagine the forte' of thrash rock needed to generate such demonic and demented imaginations in today's youth!

I am getting it....

*shudder*

But I digress...

ProX