LO-MAC patch

Mano Faber

The developers asking their gamers what to do with the product/patch and explaining that a publisher want to hold/release it for this or that reason.

When i saw the news about if the patch should be released, it felt like a deja vu. Looked similar to the Derek question asked a couple of weeks ago

whether UC should released with or without some bugs.

Guess i just appreciate it that the developers of my favorite games communicate so open with the gamers.

quote:

Originally posted by Mano Faber:

The developers asking their gamers what to do with the product/patch and explaining that a publisher want to hold/release it for this or that reason.

When i saw the news about if the patch should be released, it felt like a deja vu. Looked similar to the Derek question asked a couple of weeks ago

whether UC should released with or without some bugs.

Guess i just appreciate it that the developers of my favorite games communicate so open with the gamers.

LoL good point, although it looks like (since the game is out) if the developers want to release the patch to the US first or wait 'till everyone's are done and then release worldwide. Obviously they went with the US release first because I just patched Lo-Mac a few days ago lol...

Yeah but really, I wonder what DC is up to? 30k copies of the wrong version, and what are they doing now? Did they copy them on CD-RWs and trying to erase the 30k copies to put RC2 on? Heck didn't Derek say he had a version even after RC2 now?! We want our game! ::cries:: lol

• 4 months later...
Guest rtoolooze

Wow, guess I'll give it another go around when the patch is released. Its been off my hard drive for months now and collecting dust.

While I did'nt have alot of issues and it ran ok on my system, after playing Falcon 4 for years, it was hard to get into. The campaign system in Falcon has spoiled me.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up S.C.

Well, having not played Falcon in a long time, I'll just give you the pros and cons of LoMac.

Cons: Limited Aircraft selection. Better have one bad@ss machine to run it (mine runs it at 30-40 FPS, much less around big cities, and almost a slaideshow when there is a big city and ocean nearby) but I keep my options almost maxed. Some issues with the radars/missiles and a few other things, but most are set to be addressed in the patch (I don't know much about when that is, haven't fired up Lomac in a couple months). No A/G radar (or dual role planes).

Pros: Graphics. Above average flight model. Intense dogfights. Awesome low-level scenery. It is a challenging and rewardingly complex sim. Oh, and don't forget it's got the HAWG.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Mordax Blyrr:

Patch is great work.

Great to see the dev team still being this informative as there have been so many pricks on the forums just bashing and bashing on them and the game... I hate it when that happens.

Yep. And people wonder why we run such a tight ship around here.

Yeah well, I find it way better not having to browse through 1000 threads asking the same question, or reading through 1000s of useless, some even utterly disrespectful posts over and over again. Then I prefer being subject to strict rules on a forum and keeping it nice and clean.