Farcry Demo

Supreme Cmdr

...and boy howdy is it incredible. It's due out in March and with a few minor tweaks, this could be the ultimate FPS. I've already forgotten about Half-Life 2... this is a better looking, more feature rich game... and the final version is supposed to have Geomod destructable geometry!!! The AI (although mildly buggy at the moment) is some of the most realistic I've ever seen. Certain npcs will also take charge and start screaming orders to their subordinates... who do as they're told. If you have any interest in FPS games along the lines of Op Flashpoint, Half Life 2, or Black Hawk Down, this is a must-download.

the game is unimpressive, predictable. Weapons sound a little too weak, and you hear far people shout 10x easier than you hear them firing automatic weapons. There's some humor in the voice acting, i must admit "Come on my grandfather can trash talk better than that"

Guest rtoolooze

I thought the demo rocked. The ai seemed pretty impressive. The graphics are very good, even on my machine, which is starting to show alittle age. (Can't believe its time to upgrade soon)

Really it ran pretty good on medium settings, with shadows on very high. The shadows were very impressive, especially when moving thru foilage. Too short tho, I was just getting into it when it was over. Obviously thats the purpose of a demo, lol.

I will definitly be getting it as soon as its out.

I wasn't really impressed by this game. I mean, the graphics were great...but the AI just charged me and allowed me to snipe them before they really returned fire. Furthermore, there really is nothing to do....you shoot guys...I wasn't really able to find much destroyable scenery or anything...

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

i'll say it has potential but ym eyes are on

looking at one of the wallpapers, i imagine one of the guys must be mighty strong to be able to hold a M60 in 1 hand only by the handgrip, considering the lenght (42in) and the weight (20lb) of the weapon