Combat Flight Simulator 3 & Filght sims in general

light_gemini

Hi there.Any planetary pilots here?well...

What do you think about CFS3?? please post your impressions.I know it hit the shelves a little time ago but I still feel angry with it.

BTW feel free to post comments about anything related to flight sims.

IL2FB is the best combat flight sim I've ever played. IL2 was great, but I'm a bomber pilot kinda guy, which is one of the major additions to IL2FB.

CFS3 on the other hand is fun, but it just doesn't live up to the standards set by other combat flight simulators these days. It didn't really add anything spectacular from CFS1&2.

If I were you, I'd trade it in for IL2FB .

I wish there was an easier AI setting, I'M getting spanked by AI as bad as players.

I remember reading on another forum that today's best ww2 game players are most likely better pilots than actual ww2 pilots, because in ww2 no one ever had combat training, and that some of today,s best gamers have over 10 years in flight experience, even though virtual.

Today's game pilots know exactly what each plane can do and cannot do. Some gamers are good enough to be able to use convergence and hit a wing everytime. An ace gamer can take over 5 normal players at once

CFS3 had some really serious flaws wich takes away all my willingnes to play the game.I have IL2FB and I also think is the best WWII sim at the moment.

Its true the average player is better prepared for combat than a rookie or even a pilot with experience in the war,but never forget the difference in playing a game and controlling the real plane.Any one with a flight license will know what im talking about.The disorientation and fatigue you have to face in the real thing, and the ability to minimize it is a decisive factor in a dogfight.It is a fight with the enemy,with the plane and with yourself.All at once.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

I wish there was an easier AI setting, I'M getting spanked by AI as bad as players.

I remember reading on another forum that today's best ww2 game players are most likely better pilots than actual ww2 pilots, because in ww2 no one ever had combat training, and that some of today,s best gamers have over 10 years in flight experience, even though virtual.

Today's game pilots know exactly what each plane can do and cannot do. Some gamers are good enough to be able to use convergence and hit a wing everytime. An ace gamer can take over 5 normal players at once

AND THAT'S THE COOLEST PART OF THIS!!!! Becoming more experienced hour after hour like real pilots....

I like these things

Falcon 4.0/SuperPaks

LO:MAC

IL-2 Forgotten Battles

Microsofts Flight Sim 2004 (amazing)

Those are my favorite flight sims and I play them quite a bit. LOMAC is a frame pig, but not too bad in most respects.

IL-2 is amazing--I did some online flying for the first time in almost 10 years a couple weeks back, and had a ball. I think I destroyed 23 aircraft just trying to take off!! It was a nice return to online activity from some previous poor experiences.

I think I was one of 5 people who actually enjoyed Combat Flight Sim 3 Combat Flight Sim 2 was very, very good, in my opinion.

rvs

My favorites

IL-2

X-Plane (has recently been approved by the FAA for use as a training simulator if used with a full motion platform).

I just wish I could still get Longbow 2 to run, even with a glide wrapper, it still won't run. I loved the dynamic campaign.