Rise Of Nations

Cruis.In

anyway played this game yet? i have played the trial, and while i played through to the information age from the ancient age...in about 3 hours or so and found it relatively fun in this basic form, its so much micromanagement.

these games really do train the mind to think a mile a minute...seriously.

anyway, i got the demo because reading the description it sounded a lot like the old board game RISK, with a twist...battles would be in real time, hence the game engine, but you would move over a world map where you wanted to take over.....

risk was alot of fun, so this intrigues me, anyone with the full game let me know if this is indeed the case...

seems just like age of empires to me though ya know...just with more depth of course.

While it has some similarities to age of empires this one stand on its own ground, it is a very good game, and i really mean it (just like at the reviews). Though i never played risk, the game has a Conquer the world campaign in which you have armies to move between countries, special cards, a nice diplomacy setting and several things that gives it the "Rule the World" feel. You will like it if you like RTS games. It's a very good one.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Guest Fox__Trot

Okay i've played RON and own it and -dont- play it anymore

Here's why

Rise of nations is fun the first few playthroughs lots of unique units and lots of neat stuff to build... various strategies and so forth.

However the diffrence betwain each "Empire/Dynasty/Whatever" isnt really noticable and the unique units to each side arent all that usefull. (Think terran firebats from starcraft)

Very limited replay value... but fun for a good 2 weeks of play after 2 weeks youll play it less and less til you stop playing it...

Maximum value I'd pay: $30 (not including tax)

seeing how amazon has it instock for 30 dollars it may indeed be worth buying

its only detraction IS limited replay value and there talking about an expantion soon so it may be worthwhile to go ahead and buy it

If not DEFINTLY buy it at $20