Star Wars Galaxies & JTL Expansion

you're a bit blinded by the 'newness' of things i believe. In a few weeks you'll see the mess they did and keep on doing.

Of course, you wont see anything bad if you're playing tkasi/doc/rifleman ... the 3 prof's that got extremely overpowered. BH's were fixed quickly because back then they had the original team that did the coding in swg... that team got moved to a different project last time i heard, leaving the incompetent people they have running things now. (note: i exclude their art guys, they rock!).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

I disagree, I just turned my account back on a couple of weeks ago, and I've got to say I'm impressed. In January I do remember that it was really unbalanced however. They've fixed most of those issues.

I've been thinking of turning my account back on, now that they've announced the Space expansion, but is it really any better now?

• 4 weeks later...

Only ten sectors?? ROTFLMAO.

They're just pulling another EQ by making a buggy game and then throwing buggy add ons out there to pick your pocket Again!

I think I'll stick with Eve until I can get a muscle rig that will run UC.

I wonder what the asking price is on an SG 3900.

If anyone here plays Eve, Give Timberwolf a shout sometime.

Look people! I paid $144 for the year you know what that makes me?! a diehard player

IT IS HARD FOR ME TO DIE! and that doesnt just stop there! thats right , gun, blades... fists

ALL USELESS against me !

WAHAHAHHAHHAHA......

no but seriously... it is mearly the beginning of something big I tell you, something BIG!

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

no but seriously... it is mearly the beginning of something big I tell you, something BIG!

OK, thats funny.

I suppose they didn't you guys yet that you can't take your craft to planets and vice versa?

How about the zoning?

How about the fact that you're just getting another Star Wars space shooter....but going to be paying $144 a year to play it?

...or did I miss something?

lol im just clinging on to something SC in the hopes that it will become what it was meant to be

personally I like the game and have made some good friends in it so I have good times there

I think the reason why so many ppl didnt like swg is for some of the same reasons why they didnt like your game. You have to make up your own story and alot of people lack the imagination or the discipline to roleplay

but yeah I was a little dissapointed that there will be no environmental flight on the release(thought it mentioned it in that faq right now you can only pull out your ship at the space port and launch from there into space) but they say they will try and impliment it at a later date so whatever

like most mmos its a slow progress and alot of the times they end up cutting fun things out because of stupid care bears and the developers endless attempts to balance the game

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

personally I like the game and have made some good friends in it so I have good times there

Yeah, it sure beats having to dress up and go stand around - in public - in a faux fur Wookie suit chatting with other similarly dressed crazies (yeah, you'd have to be nuts to do that). Now you get to do it online. In your skivvies.

SWG is a glorified chat room. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Being a Star Wars fan, I'm just as pissed at the SWG crew as I am at George for these past two movies.

quote:

Yeah, it sure beats having to dress up and go stand around - in public - in a faux fur Wookie suit chatting with other similarly dressed crazies (yeah, you'd have to be nuts to do that). Now you get to do it online. In your skivvies.

heh too true although the only things ppl talk about in real life is their stupid self-inflicted problems. I like these people in swg because we talk about what we are doing in the game not real life

besides I dont talk much in RL anyways(no problems, nothing to say)

quote:

Being a Star Wars fan, I'm just as pissed at the SWG crew as I am at George for these past two movies.

its not starwars it starwarsgalaxies two entirely different thing lol jk jk

and i am totally imperial so wookies would be high on my "things to do" list wahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

SOE bans between 10,000 - 45,000 players.

Fallout from this for SOE is going to be huge. By sounds of things they were a little heavy with the punishment stick.

Dupying credits is a huge offense when SOE in involved guys

They had already forewarned players IN the TOS that the punishment will be severe.. they even warned players in the news

In my opinion.. banning that many is a small price to pay for the future of this game.. which, by the way, this game still has a lot of players.. my server alone (Eclipse) has well over 900 players on weekdays.. and 1600 on weekends (explains the adnormal lag and sudden ping spikes on some of the more peaceful planets)

Although, keep in mind, the succes of "Jump to Light Speed" will determine how much longer this game survives

If JTL manage's to pull more players into the game then perhaps it'll last another year.. but if JTL is a flop then we can kiss SWG goodbye in a matter of months (which from what I've seen from beta testing, it isn't a flop.. although I can't say any more.. sorry NDA)

JTL will only be a success for those already playing SWG and who like it.

I can't possibly imagine any space sim fan wanting to sub to SWG just so they can get to JTL and thus get their SW space sim fix. Maybe for a month or so....until they figure out what its going to cost them in the long run.

kalsh, SWG was not a flop when it was released. the Devs MADE it into a flop with the patches that came after the release. The same will happen with JTL.

its been almost another year since i cancelled my account and the commando proffession and many others STILL are completely broken & SOE keeps caving in to the whining kiddie masses to turn the game into a quake clone.

JTL will have the same fate. it will be really good the first couple of months of release, then SOE will begin to fug it up... and once the fug-up becomes real bad they will lie and lie and lie saying they are working to fix it for half a year then they will announce ANOTHER expansion.. which was what the programming team was REALLY working on instead of FIXING what was fugged up.

Sounds to me like the devs almost lost control of their players.

For the record, if this doesn't kill SWG I will be shocked beyond belief. What kind of mindset does it take to ban 45,000 people? Even if all of them were cheaters, from a business perspective, you can't ban that many people and expect to stay in business...

its no biggie for them really. They know they will get a huge influx of players with all the hype of JTL.

heck you could think they were making 'space' so the JTL launch dont overload their server capacity *grin*.

As a little update on this game:

Took the 14 day free trial and found several old buddies of mine. 2 of them were still master commandos. The same crapola still in place, nothing has changed for that proffession except more nerfing...which is funny since they nerfed the weapons that didnt work in the first place. heh.

The only thing they've done is revamp the jedi. Problem is though, the many thousands of players that took up the hologrind will now NOT be rewarded for their grinding. Even though they were promised they would be. Classical SOE.

If I were to reactivate my account, log on my main char which had grinded over every combat proffession (ranged, hybrids and melee) plus all medical (including bio-eng) plus squad leader to master level... i would have to go through the same series of 'quest grinding' that someone who has just mastered 5 proffessions (non holo) would have to.

just.. unbelievable.