TRON 2.0 DEMO IS HERE AT LAST

Get it right here http://www.ferrago.co.uk/downloads/file/14 very fast dloading. I averaged an 87kbs/s the file is 160mb. Just got done playing it and this game is TRON can't wait for the full game. High detail setup they recommend a P 2ghz, 256mb ram, 128mb video card. Luckily I have requiremtns for those steep High Detail settings. There are also Low and Medium I tried them both but High Detail gives it that TRON look.

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

This demo was released a while ago, it's not that good trust me. All it has for single player is light cycles, and for MP just the disc arena. I wanted to see some SP levels and some more guns. I like the graphics though, all neon and everything, it's very cool.

I must be getting slow. Didn't find out about it until the other day. Yeah, it is kinda of a flimsy demo. I played last night online and there are two games in the MP light cycle and Disk arena. The single player has just the light cycle.

I like the light cycle game better since there is one problem with the disk arena and that is the jumping pheens it's almost impossible to hit someone with the disk while they do that and some keep hiding in the IO stream you can see out but you can't see in. I had hoped that the disk arena was like the one in the movie ringed cicles that levitate over a bottomless pit.

I just tried it and personally I think they picked some of the stupidest levels and content for the demo. Lightcycles are extremely boreing (go in circles and hope opponet hit your stream) I can see the purpose of it in the full game but not for a demo. If the MP demo is going to have the disc arena it would seem that would be the aspect where you would have the single player orientation.

All I gotta say is thank god they released this demo version. If I were to base my purchase on the previous demos, I would have thought twice even though I love the Tron movie and thought the game premise was cool. This demo does the game justice.

Sebbish when you get to data area the place with the light bridges and floating boxes take a trip on one of the boxes and explore the upper area. There's a place on top you have to jump from box to box and there are two data bits one is a hand blaster that weapon is cool.

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

Thanks for the info on the secret areas. I found the Blaster, but didn't find it to be very useful. It depleted your energy much too fast and didn't cause enough damage. However I only discovered the the subroutines thing last night (Press F1). It's a cool idea, of how your inventory is managed. You could put more upgrades, but they take up more hard drive space, so you have less room for weapons.

No problem. I finished the demo when I entered the ship the first time I didn't bother exploring anywhere so I reloaded the game save and this time before I entered the ship I went back and explored that area cause I knew there had to be stuff up there with all those boxes it smacked of a jumping game where goodies could be found .

Wasn't sure how strong the blaster was cause I never used it against opponents since I found it on my second try while exploring and all opponents had been wiped out. If you notice when you are downloading the weapon it states (PRIMITIVE) so it's probably like a beta version of the weapon actually if you look in you inventory you should have a power up upgrade that makes weapons more powerful. There's even a higher jump upgrade too.

Ever since I first saw the movie as a lil kid, I wanted to play with the discs and light cycles...and this game lets you do it...if that was ALL it did, I'd buy it. But it's even got a decent single-player story with Rebecca Romjin-Stamos and Bruce Boxleitner doing voices...AND it's an official sequel to the movie? Hell ya! Who do I make the check out to?

Oh, and the demo absolutely rocks! Although I don't like the disc arena from the first demo and I hope the full game ships with a pure, wide open light cycle grid..