Snake Plissken

rjy01

From Gamespot:

quote:

Namco announces that it has secured the rights to produce games based on the lead character from John Carpenter's 'Escape' movies.

Namco has today announced that it has secured the rights to develop and publish games based on the action hero character Snake Plissken played by Kurt Russell in the movies Escape from New York and Escape from LA. The character rights are owned by director John Carpenter, producer Debra Hill, and actor Kurt Russell--all of whom will be working with Namco on the development of multiple games.

"Working with both the original team from Escape and the developers at Namco allows Kurt, Debra and me to reach a whole new generation of Snake fans and still be true to the original movie," said John Carpenter.

The first of the Snake Plissken games from Namco will be an action game in which players battle their way through a post-apocalyptic universe using fists, firearms, stealth, and brains. Players can expect to face intense and challenging situations, and will be required to make quick decisions and take decisive actions.

No further information on the Snake Plissken games is available at this time, save for the fact that Kurt Russell will lend his voice talent to the main character and that Namco hopes to release the first of them in time for Christmas 2005.

How cool is that?

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

that's cool but why do i feel the name Plissken is familiar?

i never watched any of those movies.

Probably from Metal Gear Solid 2, in the Plant Chapter when Solid Snake "cleverly" calls himself Lt Pliskin. Hey -- they paid homage.

That's the problem with being 23 years old...I like all these old movies, but I couldn't buy them when they came out and I can't find them now...guess I get to hit up Amazon....

Kiran you poor boy, watch out you don't get sent to see the Duke. Someone has severely neglected your education. here's a short list for you...

Escape from LA.. Kurt Russell

Assault on Precinct 13...John Carpenter's first film

I Come In Peace....the definitive Dolph Lundgren.

...and please see Escape From New York before it's too late.

Lastly I wonder if they'll let us fly one of those high tech gliders in the game?

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Grayfox -- you're the Duke. You're A number onnnnnnne!!!

LMAO. i havent seen escape from NY in ages... seen escape from LA a few weeks ago on cable...

maybe i should hit the local suncoast and see if they have both on DVD...

and i would rather have the hologram thing than the glider any day

quote:

Originally posted by Hellbinder:

No it isnt Snake *Blisskin*.. Its Snake *Plisskin*...

Thanks for the info. I was able to download the script last night, and sure enough, it is Plissken (with an 'e', I think).

What a great movie that was.

rvs