- Parallel port

- Serial port

- Internal TV-tuner with remote controller

- Built-in 6-in-1 card reader

- Windows XP Pro

- Bootable recovery CD

- Open Office Suite

- AVG Anti-Virus

Go ahead... Just Try to Stop Drooling...

I'll post Benchmark results tomorrow.

yeah I'd like to see the price on that one...

I bought my laptop with the idea of gaming too, I wanted it to do everything, and thus if it has the specs for gaming, then it can do anything.

comes in handy when your sick especially hehe.

ill probably buy a new one later this year or next year. prices have dropped so low on them, an all out one like yours is not as expensive as it could have been a year ago.

and that one should last you a while...

im watching for the technology though where video ram will no longer be a factor, read about it somewhere but it would still be far off from mainstream.

I just know you computer wizards probably have a perfectly good laptop you dont use anymore just laying around. As my own laptop (A first generation Toshiba Sattelite)died an honorable death, who wants to sell me thier old one? (Yeah ,you too SC)Due to my present reduced circumstances I cant make you rich but I'll be fair. SOMEBody has a 800Mgz Pentnium III that aint using and i want it Apply within.

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

I just know you computer wizards probably have a perfectly good laptop you dont use anymore just laying around. As my own laptop (A first generation Toshiba Sattelite)died an honorable death, who wants to sell me thier old one? (Yeah ,you too SC)Due to my present reduced circumstances I cant make you rich but I'll be fair. SOMEBody has a 800Mgz Pentnium III that aint using and i want it Apply within.

Hey Race, where ya been?

Me TOO!! I am looking for a tablet though.

So if anyone has a tablet computer laying about collecting dust, let me know.

Need it for my home Inspection business!!

Guest Fox__Trot

I've got all the PIECES for a 1.33ghz desktop just needs a case

No laptop though but you can see my desktop and im happy with that

--And what DID that laptop run?

• 3 weeks later...

My new Alienware laptop...

Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz /w 800MHz FSB & 512KB cache

Motherboard:SiS648FX + SiS963L AGP8X Chipset

Memory:1024MB DDR PC-3200 - 2x512 SO-DIMMs

Video Card:AREA-51M ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Module with 128MB DDR

Hard Drive: 2x60GB Hitachi 7200RPM with 8MB Cache

CD-Drive:4x2x8x DVD+RW/16x10x24x CD-RW

Headphones:Sennheiser RS45 Stereo Wireless Headphones

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

My new Alienware laptop...

Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz /w 800MHz FSB & 512KB cache

Motherboard:SiS648FX + SiS963L AGP8X Chipset

Memory:1024MB DDR PC-3200 - 2x512 SO-DIMMs

Video Card:AREA-51M ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Module with 128MB DDR

Hard Drive: 2x60GB Hitachi 7200RPM with 8MB Cache

CD-Drive:4x2x8x DVD+RW/16x10x24x CD-RW

Headphones:Sennheiser RS45 Stereo Wireless Headphones

What and no 64 bit CPU!! AH!! HEH nice system. It musta set you back a pretty penny though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. As I previously stated I paid $4,357 for my Alienware laptop. A pretty hefty sum in my book. After 7 days of use my brand new laptop is dead and needs to be RMAed so they can fix it.

I did a bit of looking around and found some pretty bad stuff about Alienware and then confirmed it myself when speaking with their customer service reps. They want to charge me $600 to return the laptop to them.

Of course you know....this means war. I'm planning on calling the BBB, Consumer Affairs, and if it comes down to the nitty gritty I'll see about taking them to small claims court.

I must say, that I would never recommend Alienware nor will I shop with them again.

DUDE! I'm gettin a Dell! :-)

[ 03-05-2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Bandus ]

Guest Fox__Trot

All I want a laptop for is so I can haul it up to school and work on my website some more... nothing more then simple editing

quote:

Ok. As I previously stated I paid $4,357 for my Alienware laptop. A pretty hefty sum in my book. After 7 days of use my brand new laptop is dead and needs to be RMAed so they can fix it.

I did a bit of looking around and found some pretty bad stuff about Alienware and then confirmed it myself when speaking with their customer service reps. They want to charge me $600 to return the laptop to them.

Of course you know....this means war. I'm planning on calling the BBB, Consumer Affairs, and if it comes down to the nitty gritty I'll see about taking them to small claims court.

I must say, that I would never recommend Alienware nor will I shop with them again.

DUDE! I'm gettin a Dell! :-)

You're blowing the whole thing out of Proportion

I find it odd that your's died in 7 days and yet mine still works. Hmmmm did you install something you weren't suppost to on you're laptop?

And by the way, NOTHINGS free, of course you're going to be charged its nothing new.

Laptops are easy to break, but if handled CORRECTLY they'll last a life time (maybe)

My main computer (the one I'm on now) is an alienware.. and my laptop is an alienware, no problems with either

Guest Fox__Trot

um my desktop once broke on me ... and the company i bought it from (cyber power) came out -to my house - and fixed it free of charge... and that was there BASIC warrenty

Not blowing anything out of proportion in my opinion. I work in the IS field and I am very familiar with the nature of technology. I understand that sometimes some computers can be defective right out of the box even.

However, my problem is that if you go on google and search for Alienware reviews they are nearly almost ALL bad. I definetly should have obviously checked this out before I bought it, but that was my dumb mistake. Fortunately, I've learned that lesson now.

Furthermore, I will take it to court because they are planning to charge me a restock fee. Are they seriously going to restock a laptop that is defective? I could eat them alive in court for that...

Furthermore, with all due respect, I know how to handle laptops correctly. I did nothing to abuse the laptop or anything of that sort. All software installed was standard stuff. A few games here and there, WinAMP, AIM. I had AdAware and Norton AntiVirus. Other than that there was nothing. Most of the installed software was stuff that Alienware sent me with the laptop.

Even if the laptop hadn't failed after 5 days I believe I have justification to feel this way. I wouldn't recommend them because when I called their technical support and customer support people are a bunch of arrogant and abrassive jerks. I had to tell them I was sure I wanted to return the laptop, and I do not exagerate, over 8 times before they would finally let me talk to a customer service rep. THEN I had to ask the customer service rep 6 times for an RMA# because he too was trying to convince me to reconsider. THEN he transfered me to a customer service supervisor who ALSO tried to convince me to reconsider. FINALLY, I hung up on them and called back...got a different supervisor on the phone and I told him I wanted a RMA# and I wasn't going to discuss it with him.

In my opinion, I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. I've boxed the laptop up, drafted a letter to the CEO. The package containing the laptop and letter will be signed and certified return receipt because I want him and only him to get it. I refuse to pay a restock fee on a computer that is defective. Especially considering I would not even be returning it if it hadn't been defective in the first place.

/me ends rant.

quote:

However, my problem is that if you go on google and search for Alienware reviews they are nearly almost ALL bad.

I have to agree that most people I know with Alienware (btw, they are about an hour from me) don't have very good experiences - but not all of them have bad ones.

Kalshion, knock if off or your posting rights will be revoked. Rule #1 - RESPECT other posters here or don't post.