Outpost 2 - 1997

Kalshion

Very old game indeed and, beleave or not, still one of the games I play to this day

Its a 35 megabyte game with 30 campaign levels 15 for both sides, Plymoth(good guys) and Eden(bad guys), its a cool game. Gamespy gave it a very low score, a 5.5 at the time however from what I have heard they never bothered to go indepth into the game

To be honest this was the very first game that got me into playing multiplayer (and, if I remember, it was the ONLY game of its time that HAD multiplayer)

Hardly anything is left of this game on the net, all the informative sites are shut down. Nothing exists, its as if this game was never created... I have two copys of this game though, one in the safe (All nice and clean its plastic rap still on the box ) and the one I'm using now (with a strached up CD that STILL works)

The reason I still play this game is because I've been able to tweak the AI, before the AI was hard... now its competative (almost impossible to beat unless you have a steady resource base located AWAY from the fighting)

This game is sorta like micromanage but not that much. It can be boring at times, (even I will admite) but trust me, The campaign, at times, can be very intense and make you rushing to get a building made, or get that sattalite into orbit before the blight reachs you

The blight - an infection agent that was 'accidently' released by eden as a terreforming agent (in other words.. think of the RANDOM), granted it DOES terreform the planet, however its a living being that kills anything in its path (humans, machines.. you name it)

Theres storys that go along with EACH mission, but I don't think I will post them unless you guys want me to (note, there are 157 pages worth of storys that match the campaign.. A LOT)

Guest Fox__Trot

Subspace - Older, Online Only, Not pay to play - AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT!!!

i have both outposts and enjoy them both i actually wrote up a report on it in the rubbish thread (or was that bz) i dont rebmer

have fun

I think he means

"Do you want my copy of Outpost 2"

Why ANYONE would want to sell there copy of OP2 right now is beyond me, that game is already worth a lot of money at my local EB (there's a person who wants the game for $900 ) I havn't put mine up for sale cause... I LOVE THIS GAME! And I ain't going to sell it!

Woah, and I thought I was the only one left playing Outopst 2. Hmmmm.... I even remember the first, didn't like it much..... Subspace? I had to retire from that last year. I was just gettin way too darn good(been playin sence it came out) and they would all call me a cheater in the Extreme Games zone.

***Edit***

Oooooooo! I would LOVE to have another copy of Outpost 2!!!! My current copy is burried under so much stuff in my storage it isn't funny. Im just too lazy to dig it out....

Ya know, I just found out that OP3 is FINALLY in developement by some group..

Do a search on goggle for 'Outpost 3' (without the ' )

Quite interesting really, I know it'll be about 3 or 4 years before its out.

Good luck trying to find an authentic copy, Ebay doesn't have any last I checked

The best I could do for you JCMan, would be for me to burn a copy of my OP2 disk and send it to ya

A copy would be good just so long as you don't charge me full price for the game (19.99). Only copying then charging full for the game is illegal. If you are serious about sending it to me then let me know. It takes me a day to reply or post because im on nights and I usually only get 1 or 2 posts in, but I can give you all the info ya need if ya need it. *Jumps up and down* YAY! I don't need to spend 3 days digging in my storage to find it! *Remembers something* Uh-ho.... I forgot... it's in storage because an older cd drive ate it and I had it there to show somebody. But that somebody moved away. Yea, a copy would be real nice because I have looked everywhere for one.

No I'm not charging you're right .. it would be Illegal.

Finding a copy, an original unopened box type, is damn near impossible

If you can.. please PM me all the information I need and I'll see if I can get a copy to you (CD Burner is acting up =)

Interesting. I didn't care for Outpost II. I certainly enjoyed the original Outpost (especially after they patched it to take advantage of features that were advertised).

I have OP2, It has been a long time since I have played it though. It is one of very few games that I have actually played online (does anybody remember WON?). I liked Eden the best (Eden had the most powerful weapons).

Eden saddly eden where the bad guys though (takes awhile to figure that out)

Just like how in OP you play the role of a renagade who took over the starship to begin with (and a 2nd starship was created in secrecy on the other side of earth)

I liked OP2 and OP3 is being developed

What? An OP3? Do you have a link so I can see what it's all about?

---Edit---

Opps, I hit the post instead of preview post (gotta see if smiley is is right place ).

Are you going to be able to send me OP2? I sent you the PM..... I still cannot find one in a retail box anywhere. Not even a used game with or without a manual and/or case! I've been looking for 2 years now.

Sorry JC, I've been very sick lately and have been forgetting a lot of things (like school work)

I'll try and get to it sometime soon. But please bare with me ok

There are TWO OP3's in development so I'm completely unsure WHICH is the REAL op3

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~knux_911/Outpost3/

There was another but I can no longer find it...

OP3 was suppost to be developed by Sierra, but they killed the project (despite the fact that OP2 made its fair share of money *IE it sold a lot and made up for the money used on it*)

Why they killed the project though has NEVER been explained =(

Thats ok. It really hurts to be sick.... So here is my get well card! "Get well soon! Go away nasty sickness!" Seriously though, I hope you get better! As for that little reminder, (just so you don't think I am nagging) I was just reminding you because I had thought you had forgotten.

On another "note" (LalalalalalAAAAAA--- ).....heh... anyway, that outpost 3 looks like a mod. Strange that they call it "Outpost 3". Hope it has plenty of features. I liked the selection of planets in OP1, and I like the system in OP2. I never had OP1 long enough to really get a feel for it. I didn't even patch it cuz there was no patch. Mabie I'll go hunting for it too.....

• 4 weeks later...

You can try this link for purchasing OP2:

http://www.rochnet.net/acatalog/Home_Page_...es_G_O_157.html

But be careful! It took me over a month to receive Starlancer and after almost 3 months, I am still waiting for Cutthroats!

*edit*

You can also try this one:

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/pc/outpost2.htm